Author Topic: Can you believe it ?.  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
Can you believe it ?.
« on: February 06, 2006, 22:53:44 PM »
For the last couple of years my Granddaughter, a primary school teacher (Yes I am that old !) used to take small groups of children in turn to the craft centre of our local College where they had a number of potters wheels, kilns etc. An event the children looked forward to where they could produce strange shaped masterpieces to grace the mantelpieces of their doting parents.

Last month she learnt with much dismay that the one of the denizens of safety from the local Health and Safety Executive had visited and decreed the electrically pedal operated potters wheels were a safety hazard for young and old alike and must immediately be rendered inoperative !. I was told the ‘Restriction of Use' order related to "Unguarded horizontally rotating flat disk - electrically foot switch controlled".

Some sort of appeal has been sent reminding her that potters wheels were said to be in use by the Egyptians around 2500BC !. The college was also able to state that no user has ever needed first aid of any kind relating to the wheels !.

We already have shallow depth swimming pools which are a major hazard to diving but still deep enough to drown in, what will they pick on next I wonder ?.  - wire spokes in bicycle wheels - computer keyboards in case we get RSI - the opportunities for them are endless !

Or have you heard of anything even more stupid [?] :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf