Author Topic: Your First Song  (Read 4883 times)

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 21:22:44 PM »
Ride a White Swan  (T Rex)& Togaloshe man (John Kongos) first 2 I bought.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Re: Your First Song
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 00:01:18 AM »
My first holiday with the youth club, and we blasted Spirit In The Sky out all night, but was brainwashed by my brother listening to Buddy Holly, and my dad with Bing Crosby, and one sister with The Beatles and the other with The Seekers, and my other brother with classical, (only because he bought new speakers).but think my favourite is still, In My Life, Beatles,  :) but I do go with the flow, just to add my most hated songs are Spanish Eyes and I Will Survive, eek, hope I hav'nt upset anyone.  ;)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 00:10:33 AM »
Get Dancing by Disco Tex and his sexolets. Got a record player for Xmas and was off down to Woolies with my 10 bob note from my auntie to have a look what was in the bargain bin. Can't remember what the year was though maybe 72 or 73?
Bringing back memories of the school disco's. My first slow dance was to 10cc's i'm not in love a record i played constantly (much to my mums annoyance)....i still get goosebumps every time i hear it.

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 00:17:37 AM »
Blimey, the memories are coming back to me. Does anyone else remember having a radio and seperate tape recorder to tape the top 40 on a sunday evening?it never failed that just as they were going to play my favorite record (the one that i really wanted to tape (so that I could learn all the words) my mum would come in and tell me that tea was ready, and the recording would be ruined! >:(

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 13:47:42 PM »
First album I bought was Yellow Brick Road (Elton John) , and for the same birthday I was given the Beatles White Album........happy girl :0) 

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 14:40:31 PM »
1st record "Im her Yesterday Man " by Chris Andrews, must be getting old !!   :)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 20:04:18 PM »

My first holiday with the youth club, and we blasted Spirit In The Sky out all night, but was brainwashed by my brother listening to Buddy Holly, and my dad with Bing Crosby, and one sister with The Beatles and the other with The Seekers, and my other brother with classical, (only because he bought new speakers).but think my favourite is still, In My Life, Beatles,   :) but I do go with the flow, just to add my most hated songs are Spanish Eyes and I Will Survive, eek, hope I hav'nt upset anyone.   ;)

Mo, surely your fav is    You'll never walk alone    :)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 20:18:48 PM »

1st record "Im her Yesterday Man " by Chris Andrews, must be getting old !!    :)

As we are both 49's Calvin I remember that song well    :)

Badge

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 21:00:06 PM »
My first holiday with the youth club, and we blasted Spirit In The Sky out all night, but was brainwashed by my brother listening to Buddy Holly, and my dad with Bing Crosby, and one sister with The Beatles and the other with The Seekers, and my other brother with classical, (only because he bought new speakers).but think my favourite is still, In My Life, Beatles,    :) but I do go with the flow, just to add my most hated songs are Spanish Eyes and I Will Survive, eek, hope I hav'nt upset anyone.    ;)
i had a boyfriend from Liverpool who wrote me a letter with which was wonderfully romantic and poetic, then one day I my life come on the radio and I realised he had written the lyrics on the letter! Still romantic though I think  :)

Offline imperialwizard

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 22:17:04 PM »
It's all over now from The Stones.Wore it out on my little Dansette record player.
Must have been a good choice of bands,they are still goin strong!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf