Author Topic: Whats on in Ovacik in Jan/Feb/March  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Sleuth

Whats on in Ovacik in Jan/Feb/March
« on: November 16, 2011, 17:43:50 PM »
We are going to our apartment in H for 9 months in 2012 :-) including Jan/ Feb/ March... ( we want to experience a full blown turkish winter brrrrr ) lol
Can anyone tell me please what kind of social scene we can expect during those months up in Ovacik?      bars ( but not karaoke ones ) restaurants that are open, quiz nights , music quiz nights , walking groups, Bridge get togethers if any ? or any other social activities day or night.. we have no car, only Dolmus to get to and fro  I would appreciate any comments please  :)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 13:42:36 PM »
Sleuth, are you on facebook? As there is a really good site which gives loads of info on whats going on in Hisaronu and Ovacik through the winter, including where to go for Christmas parties, meals etc.  Its called "Oludeniz,Ovacik,Hisaronu" - good luck, Im sure you will really enjoy your time there. We went early April this year and loved the quietness and the different feel we got of the region.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 14:27:36 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/206103142769799/

It's an open group, not sure if you can view without being a Facebook subscriber.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 09:36:58 AM »
thanks sue mac, and supacabby.... I have just joined the facebook group  :-)

Offline Fastlady

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 17:08:25 PM »
Angel's Bar in Ovacik is offering fun evenings on Saturdays:  short fun quiz, followed by dog or camel racing following by Karaoke (with Kamikaze Karaoke!).  Its a good night in a great venue and well worth a look!

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 22:28:02 PM »
sounds good... but sorry not for me, karaoke would be my excuse to leave ... the last thing I want to listen to when I go out at night is the dreaded karaoke    :o : :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 22:35:36 PM »
I can't agree. Awful as that is, being entertained by a man in a Michael Jackson mask miming to music would be far worse.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
On a visit to Florida many years ago, one night we entered a bar in kissamee .We didn`t know, but it was  a karaoke night, and I have to say it was very entertaining !!! The people who performed there (americans ) were generally excellent in there almost perfect impersonations of the artists they were copying.... but there attitude to karaoke was completely different to the majority of UK or Turkish bars.
They certainly dont over indulge in the booze. They are not encouraged to perform by there boozy mates so they can have a giggle.
There are no signs outside the bars saying " sing three songs and have a free drink " (Turkish resorts )
Sorry, but in Turkey ( Hisaronu ) to sit in a bar listening to some p***head  or someone who thinks he should be on X factor, or a couple of p***ed girls MURDERING[:(!] the original recordings is not my idea of a night out. OK the `odd` man/ woman might do justice to the original  but  be fair the majority of karaoke around Hisaronu is someone doing a crap version of `my way` or `I will survive` Ughhhh  :-\ I have to say though that the  Michael Jackson impersonator with  a mask on miming to his music ( THE JACKSON BAR ) now closed down, used to do a thoroughly entertaining evening, with one or two turkih acts as well .

Offline BM06

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »
Oh dear :-\

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 13:15:27 PM »
Sorry, my apologies for the above post of mine with my comments on  disliking Turkish Bar karaoke. I fully understand that many many people do and find it enjoyable and funny, but its not my type of entertainment :-) Also some of you were merely suggesting to me places of interest in Ovicik and Hisaronu we might find interesting... so thank you for that. But I did say in my initial post ( no karaoke bars )  :-) If I come across as a `miserable ol git` I am not ( old yes ) as anyone who knows me will testify I am a very social person, and as a lover of all kinds of music ( except rap ) just hate to hear original tracks generally destroyed :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf