Author Topic: Break in at Thera Home Apartements  (Read 6470 times)

Offline tonk

• Newly Registered
Break in at Thera Home Apartements
« on: August 27, 2013, 11:46:55 AM »
Just giving everyone the heads up....be on your guard as the apartments were busy. Not sure what was taken as I've only just had a brief message from a friend who is out there right now

Tonk

Offline tonk

• Newly Registered
Re: Break in at Thera Home Apartements
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:55:47 AM »
Just giving everyone the heads up....be on your guard as the apartments were busy. Not sure what was taken as I've only just had a brief message from a friend who is out there right now

Tonk

ok it transpires they took the safe along with passports, money and valuables. It may be time to ask the maintenance company to install CCTV as this was down the back of the apartments off the lane which has easy unmonitored access

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 08:35:13 AM »
Time for people to install large free standing safes.  These wall safes are now taken on a regular basis when there are break in's

Offline tonk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 09:23:14 AM »
Time for people to install large free standing safes.  These wall safes are now taken on a regular basis when there are break in's

Yes Jacqui good idea those are better for sure and we'll look into upgrading ours (for our guests sake as well as ours) but as with families with children what do we do? Lock all the phones, notebooks, watches, cash etc in the safe every time one of us goes back to the room or the last one in leaves the apartment. I think the extra deterrent of CCTV would also help. Ours is already the larger better quality safe which is bolted into the wardrobe so it's not as easy to carry away but we'd rather deter the thieves in the first instance. We'll see what the other owners think!

thanks for your input!!

T

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 09:47:22 AM »
We got ours from Eren Spot in Fethiye and they delivered it out to us.  It took 4 men to lift it and they nearly collapsed carrying it upstairs.  It is like one of the old Wild West Safes but is very strong with a huge thick door.

Offline tonk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
We got ours from Eren Spot in Fethiye and they delivered it out to us.  It took 4 men to lift it and they nearly collapsed carrying it upstairs.  It is like one of the old Wild West Safes but is very strong with a huge thick door.

haha hilarious Jacqui but I'm not sure I want the thieves resorting to dynamite lol. As a matter of interest what was the rough cost on yours?

T

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »
tonk - I will save the hard worked administrators some time if I may.

You do not have to use quote when replying to the post immediately before yours   :)

Offline tonk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 13:20:04 PM »
thanks for the info Highlander I will try to remember that one!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 13:20:21 PM »
I have one of the wall safes from Eren Spot, but have it bolted into the floor, the bolt was so big I suspect that my downstairs neighbours are using it for their hanging basket!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 17:41:55 PM »
Tonk, We bought ours about 6 or 7 years ago when we went into our neighbours house and saw their safe and where very impressed.  I cannot really remember what we paid for it now as it was so long ago.  Just pop in and ask he has a good selection of safes. There used to be a lorry full of safes that sat at certain locations in Calis and the guys sold them off the back of the lorry, not sure if they are still about or not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf