Author Topic: Shumacher  (Read 2673 times)

Offline madmart

Re: Shumacher
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 19:08:37 PM »
Apologies for my lack of reply or comment.

Here goes; it is impossible to compare drivers of different eras, different rules and point scoring systems. All I can try and do is list who I consider to be the greatest in any particular decade.

1950's Ascari, Fangio and Farina.

1960's Clark, Surtees and Brabham

1970's Stewart, Lauda and Peterson

1980's Villenueve (G), Prost and Mansell

1990's Berger, Senna and Hakkinen

2000's Alonso, Montoya and Hamilton

2010's (so far) Vettell, Alonso and Hulkenberg (the last named will surely be a great if a top team sign him!)

I am unable to include Schumacher for his flagrant disregard of a black flag in 1994, and his subsequent deliberate elimination of Damon Hill in the 1994 Australian Grand Prix. I had given him the benefit of the doubt as to whether it was deliberate until the European Grand Prix of 1997 when he tried the same trick on Jacques Villeneuve.

Fortunately after that the governing body half saw sense and punished him, though not nearly severely enough in my opinion.

That's my opinion anyway.

Kind regards

Martin

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 21:52:38 PM »
Sounds to me that a full recovery is very unlikely, he has a long journey ahead of him.  The chances that he will be a fully functioning person is very doubtful.  I am glad he gave a lot of pleasure to so many people in his career.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 00:04:20 AM »
his subsequent deliberate elimination of Damon Hill in the 1994 Australian Grand Prix. I had given him the benefit of the doubt as to whether it was deliberate until the European Grand Prix of 1997 when he tried the same trick on Jacques Villeneuve.

Using that criteria you'd then have to exclude Senna, did the same to Prost (who I would have included) twice. 

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf