Author Topic: Blood Group on Turkish Driving Licence  (Read 1854 times)

Offline maximumtom

Blood Group on Turkish Driving Licence
« on: February 07, 2014, 23:07:31 PM »
When I got my Turkish driving licence in 2009 , I had a blood test at the Letoon hospital in Fethiye. I thought it was a good idea , having your blood group on your driving licence.
After  a lapse of a number of years ( during which I had lost all documentation) I recently gave blood in the UK and received a card which gave my blood group.
Unfortunately, the one says O+  and the other says O-  .
I contacted my GP about this and the practice nurse spoke to the blood bank , who said that the NHS couldn't possibly have made a mistake ( implying that it must have been 'Johnny foreigner' ;) which I thought was quite arrogant of them, and they were not keen on testing another sample of my blood.  I was quite amazed by their attitude; I would have thought that they would have wanted to check quickly so that they did not pump a pint of the wrong blood into someone.  Anyway, my blood sample was sent to the blood bank but we still don't know whether they are going to check it.

When/if I get the result I will post an update.  I the meanwhile, if you have got a Turkish licence, I don't know what you can do about it, but it might be prudent to view the blood type with some caution and check it against any other documentation you might have.

Offline quackers

Re: Blood Group on Turkish Driving Licence
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 06:22:22 AM »
Luckıly I was a blood doner ın Uk so I know that my group ıs correct on my drıvıng licence. Also remeber that there ıs an organ doner sectıon on the reverse of the Turkish Licence. Tick Tamam ıf you want to donate all organs or the boxes of the organs you wısh to donate.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »
Great idea and so simple.  It will be interesting to find out what 'maximumtom's' blood group is.  I'm putting my bet on the Turkish result.

Offline apollo

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 14:11:59 PM »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 21:39:32 PM by apollo »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 06:57:57 AM »
I used to work in a lab and we always checked blood group before cross matching and giving.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 07:01:08 AM »
Please can everyone living here consider donating blood. John goes every 3 months to the wooden building (says Kan on it with a red Saglik logo)  ) near the harbour.
They send a reminder, and the other day he got a text to say the had saved someone's life  :)
I can't go as I'm a fainter, but definitely would if I could.

Offline quackers

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 11:37:29 AM »
Is there an age limit for giving blood in Turkey anyone know.?

Offline busybee

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 21:48:15 PM »
Well my money is on UK....... a previous neighbour of ours, who had been a nurse all her life, had her blood group on her Turkish driving licence and it was definitely wrong!! Will be an interesting result.

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 17:17:27 PM »
well what ever the result is i would highly recommend to pay privately and sort it out on your turkish driving licence. because in case of emergecy would not be nice to have wrong blood type pumped in to you

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 09:17:29 AM »
I have had the results of my new blood test. The UK result has been confirmed as correct.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf