Author Topic: Tourism down ?  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Sleuth

Tourism down ?
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
We have just returned after nine weeks staying in Hisaronu and it was the quietist (  ok, it is Hisaronu so I will say `less noisy`  ) we can remember for years :o Lots of turkish walking around at night but definately less brits about.
Personally, and selfishly , we prefer this trend. Just hope the flights aren`t cut back in the future years.

Offline Babadaq Bridge

Tourism down ?
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 16:53:48 PM »
We thought it was quiet in Ovacik/Hisaronu too - we were out last week.  One of the guys at work said to me today that he had thought about holidaying in Turkey but that the unrest in the middle east was putting him off Turkey in case it spread there.  I reassured him that this is not the case and that Turkey is a huge place, with the Western med side being closer to Europe than the middle east as it is so close to the greek islands.  I do think a few people may be cautious for the same reason.  I have to say it was lovely being in Ovacik with it being nice and quiet, but I do hope it picks up for all the people there who need the tourist business.  
Bridge
x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf