Author Topic: long term rental wanted.  (Read 11601 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: long term rental wanted.
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 21:43:11 PM »
 :(

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 21:58:17 PM »
Still in the pool..I just want to go home   :(

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 22:16:05 PM »
Is there no pool rules on your site?
Surely by 10pm people should be out of it.  On our complex the pool  is out of bounds from 8pm until 8am.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 23:04:07 PM »
Great they don't seem to get in ours until 11pm. The out of tune singing tipped me over the edge and I went out n told them HAYIR..I am live here and want to sleep...
12.45am this Isn't what we came here for. We wanted peace n quiet,I can't wait to get out of here.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 14:50:48 PM »
Hi Lee, thanks for the sympathy. You say you sold up n moved. Did you stay in Turkey? Was it hard to sell and did you rent after? I,'ve already applied for my old job back in UK as a back up.  :  :)

We lived at Tasyaka and had the sign up on the balcony for about 12 months, loads of viewings - mostly Turks, almost sold it 3 times but each time it fell through. When the next season was coming up we went off and rented an apartment at Calis. By sheer luck after we had been left about 5 weeks, we met a guy who had come with one of our viewers to translate. We didn't know he was an agent at the time, anyway he asked if we'd sold and we said no. He had our phone number and within a couple of weeks he contacted us with a prospective buyer and the deal was done.

A nice Turkish family from Mersin bought it for their son, all done within a week. We did lose money on it but were very happy to get shut of it and they were cash buyers so no problems.

We have rented furnished since then only taking our kitchen stuff and bedding/towels etc. and a couple of things with us. We had sold fully furnished as, like you, we even debated going back to the UK, that was over 3 years ago and we're still here.

As someone else said, try to stick it out for now the season is almost over and rentals are much easier to find in the winter months. Have a look on Sahibinden.com and good luck. Glo

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 15:19:07 PM »
Now on with 2 agents..I have phoned telling everyone it's available to buy. Thanks again Lee. Very much appreciated.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 16:37:35 PM »
Having followed your moving trials and tribulations with much interest, I am very sorry that you having such a bad experience.  What with the cold weather in the winter, and now living amongst a load of noisy holidaymakers I can quite understand why you are feeling the way you do.  I would just ask you to consider is it just the latest problems you are having that has made you feel this way, or have you deep down decided Turkey is not for you? I have never met anyone as enthusiastic as you were when you first mooted your move, and I am sure like a lot of others on the forum, followed your move with great interest.  If it is just the problems you are experiencing at the moment, then I am sure a move to a more residential are would solve your problems.  However if you really deep down think the whole move was a mistake, its probably best to admit it now.  You can go home with your head held high, because you did give it a go, and unlike me and many others you didn't just talk about it but gave it a try.  Whatever you and your husband decide its only you two who matter . I wish you all the very best in the future be it in Turkey or back here, where its bucketing down!! xx  :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 18:55:07 PM »
Great post echogirl1

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 21:32:22 PM »
Trouble is we don't want a residential area. We want somewhere very quiet, with a private pool,which is pretty stupid as we don't have transport. As for what I want, I don't know any more..I see things from a different angle to slik, I,m a just say what you want kinda girl and we,'ll do that..and get on with it. He seems to be like a seesaw, I would have bet money he meant we were going back this morning, tonight I'm not sure.
One thing is definite, this place is getting sold. If we stay we are going for a long term rental villa with private pool. Or we go.

Offline retiredandlovingit

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 07:00:59 AM »
Sorry , found out from our friends last night  the sign we borrowed was made in the uk , but Ive noticed someone has informed you where you can get one locally.  All the best to you both .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf