Author Topic: Water pressure  (Read 2760 times)

Offline shuttle

Water pressure
« on: March 14, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »
Hi everyone,

I own a property high up in Ovacik and like so many owners we haven't the luxury of mains water until only recently, having relied for many years on tanker deliveries to top up our tanks.
I was connected to mains water last October and the water pressure was very good, but I have been informed by my management company that come the full season when demand around the
area is high that my water pressure will drop substantially as they have experienced this in other villas. I would have thought that now the water company have supplied water further up the hill in Ovacik the they would have ensured that the pressure is increased but completely in the dark with what to expect which is concerning as now taking bookings for the new season.
So if any of you fellow ovacikians can advise in any way it would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks

Shuttle

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Water pressure
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 12:56:46 PM »
Don't assume anything. "Improvements" to a service in Turkey don't necessarily mean that things will be better.

Good Luck.  ;)

Offline Libra

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 13:24:32 PM »
Last summer we ( living near ORKA ) had low water pressure , especially towards evening before dinner time.The year before when Ölüdeniz Municipality was responsible , we had no such problem. Since last year's communal elections in March , the province of Muğla is responsible for water ( via their company called MUSKI ).

I hope now that last year was their first experience here as they just took over from Ölüdeniz Belediye , hoping they will do better this summer...

This is MUSKI Fethiye office phone number in case , but I'm not sure if they speak English : (0252) 646 76 96

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 22:35:07 PM »
I also live high up in Ovacik and like yourself just switched from tanker water to mains in October (wonder if I live near your property?  :) )

Currently the water pressure is so fierce the tap shakes and at times it comes out of the tap as though it wants to fight you! The shower practically pins you to the cubicle wall ....

We had no access to mains water for 3 days this week, however because our old tank is still constantly filled from the mains, we never noticed. We have it set up to switch to the tank on such occasions.

Perhaps something on these lines could work for you if the pressure becomes really poor? I really hope it doesn't though. I'd still rather have an abusive shower than one where I have to run round in it to get wet ....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf