Author Topic: Be Prepared  (Read 5506 times)

Offline PaulJ

• Newly Registered
Re: Be Prepared
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 16:14:07 PM »
There's quite a few diving boats go out daily from Fethiye, with all the gear available. European Diving is the one that most will recommend.
Thanks Liz 101.
It's a while since we've dived so I'd definitely want to do a refresher before doing anything too taxing and it'll probably be next time we visit Turkey as we have started to build a bit of a schedule for the trip in October.  I also need to get a lot fitter as I do have a tendency to use up the air a bit quickly! I checked European Divers out on TripAdvisor and they seem to have received a high percentage of "Excellent" reviews. Incidentally, is there a "best" season for diving in Turkey or is it pretty-much the same year round?

Their website wasn't available as it seems they've "exceeded their bandwidth" which could be a bit limiting for a business that will want to attract overseas customers.  I might try again tomorrow.  Anyway, thanks again.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 17:13:56 PM »
I'd definitely recommend European Diving Centre as the owners, Alan & Gill Turner, used to be our tenants in Kaya. A very nice couple and they have a great team working for them.

I've sent them a message about the 'bandwidth' problem incase they're not aware of it.

Quite a few of the dive boats are laid-up and dry-docked in Karagozler for maintenance over winter.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2019, 08:13:02 AM »
Their website seems to be available again now.

http://www.europeandivingcentre.com/

BTW if you look at the 'team names' you'll see Arda and Zeynap Celik. That's Alan and Gill. They're both Turkish citizens.

Offline PaulJ

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2019, 14:28:26 PM »
Their website seems to be available again now.

http://www.europeandivingcentre.com/

BTW if you look at the 'team names' you'll see Arda and Zeynap Celik. That's Alan and Gill. They're both Turkish citizens.
Thanks KKOB. Yes, their website is up and running again.  The EDC looks like a great operation.  We did the "Open Water" qualification so, if we resume our interest, we'd get in touch with EDC to organise a quick refresher to get us back to speed.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2019, 23:17:56 PM »
Paul there are numerous boats in the Co op all of whom will give you a fabulous day out.  Our favourite is Alis1 boat but to be honest we've never been on a bad one.
The dolmus is easy to navigate.  One from Calis into Fethyie then onward to your next destination.  There is always someone at the station to keep you right
Have a great holiday

Offline PaulJ

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 13:38:20 PM »
Thanks Anne.
We'll keep an eye out for the Alis1 as recommendation is always the best as far as I'm concerned. As we're only there for 10 days and we want to make the most of it, I suspect we'll be spending some time on Dolmus.  Good to know that the locals will help keep us right.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf