Author Topic: Dalaman to Stansted via Istanbul  (Read 2565 times)

Offline vivadonkeyoaty

• Newly Registered
Dalaman to Stansted via Istanbul
« on: November 19, 2019, 09:19:54 AM »
This is a trip I have done before with Pegasus.
Hold luggage gets automatically transferred from Istanbul to Stansted. However a friend said that they had heard of people missing their flight ...Istanbul to Stansted... due to them not picking up hold luggage at Istanbul. My friend thought that this something to do with the airport upgrade.
Does anyone know what the situation is now ?
Was this a one off problem, or do you have to pick up hold luggage at Istanbul and load it again for the second flight to Stansted ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Dalaman to Stansted via Istanbul
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 10:05:01 AM »
These flights are via Sabiha Gökçen (SAW) aren't they ? Not Istanbul (IST).

If you've booked a journey from Dalaman to Stansted with Pegasus your luggage should be labelled through to STN and you shouldn't have to collect it at SAW.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 14:41:57 PM »
I've used this route many times, in both directions, & have never had to pick up my hold luggage in Istanbul.

Check in at Dalaman, collect 2 x boarding cards (one to Istanbul (SAW) & one Istanbul to Stansted. Luggage has a red "TRANSIT" label attached & it goes  on to Stansted

Offline lissa

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 19:49:00 PM »
If you have booked through Pegasus directly  it should be fine. If you have booked with a third party via skyscanner and it said, self transfer, maybe not. You would then have to collect luggage at Istanbul and check in again.
If you get 2 boarding cards at Dalaman on check in, you will be in transit and your luggage will go through at Istanbul.

Offline vivadonkeyoaty

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 08:36:12 AM »
Thanks very much for all the advice.
Yes it is Sabia Gocen. I ordered direct with Pegasus, so hopefully all will be well.
I only have an hours turnaround at Istanbul so it got me worried.
I was a able to check in on line but only got the one boarding pass in the form of a type of bar code.
I am assuming that this can be used at Dalaman and Istanbul. Perhaps someone could confirm.
Thanks again.

Offline Fran

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 12:56:08 PM »
The E boarding card can be used at both airports, you will need 2 boarding cards, you may have to check in separately for the other flight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf