Author Topic: BEWARE of Yesil Dalyan Travel !!!  (Read 4174 times)

Offline tonyb

BEWARE of Yesil Dalyan Travel !!!
« on: June 26, 2010, 11:32:12 AM »
As some of the residential members will be aware Yesil Dalyan are a "travel company" who act as agents on behalf of companies such as sunshine.co.uk & hotels4u among others. Well,beware & check your hotel reservations & acting agents as when we arrived at The Sevi Hotel on 11/6/10 we were told by the hotel manager that yes,we did have a reservation but they could not accomodate us or any other Hotels4u clients as Yesil Dalyan had not paid the hotel,despite receiving their payment from Hotels4u(part of the Thomas Cook Group). We were told we had to move to the Hotel Tugay.At 9.45 pm with 3 women in tow,you can't begin to imagine my anger. Not even given any other choice of accomodation. When we eventually settled down after a couple of days, it became apparent that the Sevi Hotel was not the only victim of Yesil Dalyan's poor behaviour, because a couple of other hoteliers I spoke to had already been aware of the problem & were not going to accept Yesil Dalyan as an agent for 2011 & would only use hotels4u as an agent if they were paid direct by them & not a third party(Yesil Dalyan). Might be worth checking a day or so before you arrive(If you've booked through hotels4u) that you are not going to be shunted someplace else because the hotel or apartment you have booked, had not been paid for by their agent despite the fact that you may have paid hotels4u months ago.

Offline makemwonder

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 23:39:11 PM »
this company also did my hubby's transfers they were really disorganised at the airport and sent my hubby to 3 other desks saying that he wasnt on their list despite the fact he was producing one of their transfer vouchers and for the return journey they just didnt show when he phoned they told him the driver had been and he had gone to the wrong hotel so he should just get himself a taxi (at his expense of course)I have complained since He returned but I doubt he will get his taxi fare back I certainly wont be using them again.

Offline peecee

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:16:15 AM »
Have not personally had dealings with Yesil Dalyan. However, a couple I know own an hotel in Ovacik.  They told me last year that it could be months (sometimes  well into the next year) before they receive payment from the holiday companys' in the UK.  It made life pretty difficult for them because they had to house and feed guests, pay staff etc. etc. but didn't see the money for ages.
Don't know whether the same would apply to the 'agent' here. Perhaps the problem is at the UK end?

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:54:33 PM »
Yesil Dalyan has a long history - they are always looking for the treasure at the end of the rainbow.  They never find it but year on year continue business.  They have the biggest turn over in staff in Fethiye known the man

Offline sevi hotel

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 15:36:56 PM »
Hi Tonyb,
I am writing as a Sevi Hotel manager and I read your complains.We are really sorry about your situation.If you organize a new holiday to Calis and Sevi Hotel, we will be happy to accomodate you in our hotel.We are really and really sorry about you.If you have any desire about our hotel,we will be happy to meet your need.

Offline tonyb

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 17:26:35 PM »
That is really kind of you Sevi,as you can see, the complaint was not with you but Yesil Dalyan. If we come to Calis again I will get in contact with you.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 17:36:19 PM »
Yes that is a nice gesture and very good of the hotel manager to take the time to join the forum and post the contribution. You can understand the hotel not taking Yesil Dalyan customers if they are not being paid (maybe not so easily if you have paid for the hotel and have just arrived in their reception perhaps). The best business for the hotels is direct bookings. In another topic we see the Oykun, where success has turned the balance of power away from the tour operators and into the hands of the hotel. It would be better for all if this was the case for all hotels, and they wouldn't get screwed down to shocking rates by the big tour ops.

So anyway, well done Hotel Sevi for being big and coming here to apologise. Too many hide and hope it all just goes away.

Offline Fran

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 20:29:41 PM »
The new management at the Sevi, are really nice people. I hope that the hotel does well, and as you say  a really nice gesture.

Offline tonyb

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 20:12:16 PM »
Just cheked the Hotels4u website, nothing available at all in Calis for the whole of July, August or September.I believe I smell a rat here.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 20:42:37 PM »
We were looking at using Hotels4u.com for a booking for next year :o,

don,t think we will bother, i think it safer to e-mail the hotel ourselves and book with them direct as i am sure they will come to some agreemant over price knowing the circumstances the company are in.......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf