Author Topic: Apartments  (Read 3983 times)

Offline cazza

Apartments
« on: July 11, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »
Hi

I am looking to come to Calis Beach in Sept/Oct, but trying to cut costs, and quite like the idea of going self catering for a change.

I have been looking at the following apartments:

Poppy
Ten
Ozcem
Camelia

but am unsure about where they are all located.  I might be there on my own, and I like to walk everywhere, so am looking for somewhere that a female on their own is quite safe!  I usually stay in a hotel on the front, so have felt quite safe walking back at night.  I have a terrible sense of direction, but I'm thinking they might be in the area of the water park?

Also has any members stayed at any of these properties recently?  Reviews online seem to be very mixed.  I'm happy with basic, as long as its clean!

I have used the search, but some of the info is quite old, so was hoping for some more up to date reviews.

If anyone can suggest any alternative apartments too, I will be happy to hear views on those.

Thank you

Cazza :D

Offline Robw

Apartments
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 14:48:56 PM »
I hear the Park comes highly recommended... www.parkhotelcalis.com

Offline cazza

Apartments
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 17:27:14 PM »
Thanks Rob, unfortunately their website has been down for a couple of days.

Offline Robw

Apartments
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 20:13:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by cazza

Thanks Rob, unfortunately their website has been down for a couple of days.

Yes sorry, looks like they have let the domain name elapse. Im spending my 1st night there as the villa we booked was not available so the Owner recommended the Park to me. Ive also seen other members recommend the Restaurant ETC. Hopefully someone might have an update on the website soon.  :)

Offline kizkucuk

Apartments
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 20:40:10 PM »
Park and Ozcem are close to each other near the Sunday market - I wouldn't want to walk back late at night on my own.  The are both nicer than Poppy.  Don't know the other two.  Er-Oz on the front - left hand corner is clean and cheap. Hope that helps.  Oykun not over priced or Golden Moon - both close to main street and front.

Offline cazza

Apartments
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 18:08:25 PM »
Thanks kizkucuk.  I will look at your suggestions, although still wanting to go self catering, so might give Park (if their website gets up and running again), or Ozcem a try.

Offline Nicki

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 18:15:30 PM »
Sorry Park Hotel website is down at the moment, will be up and running again asap - in the meantime, email me and I will come straight back to you with availability, price, etc. Thanks, Nicki

Offline col

Apartments
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 18:24:39 PM »

Poppy are about a 5min walk from what was the dolphin roundabout.
Have stayed there a few times 4/5 years ago. Older style but big, clean and comfortable. Good size pool, nice bar/resturant and staff, like most places they have same customers return year after year, very friendly and welcoming.
quote:
Originally posted by cazza

Hi

I am looking to come to Calis Beach in Sept/Oct, but trying to cut costs, and quite like the idea of going self catering for a change.

I have been looking at the following apartments:

Poppy
Ten
Ozcem
Camelia

but am unsure about where they are all located.  I might be there on my own, and I like to walk everywhere, so am looking for somewhere that a female on their own is quite safe!  I usually stay in a hotel on the front, so have felt quite safe walking back at night.  I have a terrible sense of direction, but I'm thinking they might be in the area of the water park?

Also has any members stayed at any of these properties recently?  Reviews online seem to be very mixed.  I'm happy with basic, as long as its clean!

I have used the search, but some of the info is quite old, so was hoping for some more up to date reviews.

If anyone can suggest any alternative apartments too, I will be happy to hear views on those.

Thank you

Cazza :D

Offline longjohn1953

Apartments
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 18:58:08 PM »
hi cazza, why not rent an apartment off someone on here. mine is available if you give me dates i may be able to help

Offline Steve A

Apartments
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 19:00:13 PM »
Poppy are nice and central,large,clean and very friendly E nglish speaking

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf