Author Topic: Bahar Hotel Calis  (Read 1799 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Bahar Hotel Calis
« on: June 09, 2011, 22:36:34 PM »
A friend asked me about this place but I couldn't give much help. I've just done a search and not learned a lot. On trip adviser reviews are mixed but seem to be more good than bad. Has anyone here any experience of the place[?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bahar Hotel Calis
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 22:55:34 PM »
There's a topic vaguely discussing it here Ken {A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}41349

Seems as all inclusive hotels go it's not bad, an improvement on last year when it was generally regarded as not bad.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Bahar Hotel Calis
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 00:40:31 AM »
Thanks Keith. I'd already looked at that and as you said the info was "vague". My friend has seen it on offer in a daily paper and I didn't want to give her any misleading info.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bahar Hotel Calis
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 00:48:53 AM »
Well you can't whack the location Ken - and I'm sure that at the prices I've heard quoted for AI you couldn't go far wrong - a half decent breakfast, a few pints if you're in during the day, send the kids off for a few cokes and ice creams, then a couple of stiff looseners prior to eating out of an evening - professionals like ourselves know how to make things work  :)

Offline Silverfox

Bahar Hotel Calis
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 17:14:27 PM »
I'll shecond that Mr Scunner! Without kids etc, looks as though I may need all the money saved, to put towards a fresh set of liver/kidneys at the Hastenesi. Keeps all the money local! :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bahar Hotel Calis
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 17:46:50 PM »
People are often very negative about all inclusive, claiming that it takes people away from the restaurants and doesn't benefit the area. I don't agree with that. A family of 4 on two weeks AI holiday in Calis is far better for Calis than the same family of 4 choosing two weeks AI in Torremolinos instead. I'm glad the Bahar are getting better reviews than last year and hope the improvements continue next year and every year.

The trump card of Calis is the irresistible call it makes for you to return. The hard part is getting people to even try it in the first place - it doesn't matter what convinces people to press the "book holiday" button, even if it was all due to a cheap AI deal.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Bahar Hotel Calis
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 10:19:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

The trump card of Calis is the irresistible call it makes for you to return. The hard part is getting people to even try it in the first place - it doesn't matter what convinces people to press the "book holiday" button, even if it was all due to a cheap AI deal.

Most sensible thing said on here for as while!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf