Author Topic: Rosary Beach Hotel  (Read 2804 times)

Offline crookes875

Rosary Beach Hotel
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:59:55 AM »
Hi All has anyone stayed or has info on the Rosary Beach Hotel on Calis Prom I think it was formally the Gul Hotel seems to have mixed reviews. Thanks

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member

Offline Ray1951

Re: Rosary Beach Hotel
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 13:58:18 PM »
Likewise, I have heard conflicting stories.   The location seems to be good and they do have a nice restaurant.  A friend stayed there last year and said she had a few issues with the room but for the price she said it was OK.  However she said she wouldn't go back.  At the end of the day, it's down to personal choice.  I stayed at the Aymes Hotel which is directly behind the Rosary Beach Hotel.  I enjoyed it there and will be going back for my third visit later this year.  Again, personal choice.  I have noticed that it's very cheap to stay there in May. Have a look at freshholidays for good deals and lots of choices.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 21:18:25 PM »
It is each to their own but my personal experience of the Rosary was not good... We were booked to stay at the Remer just for a night for our wedding anniversary and were told we had to stay at the Rosary instead but could use the facilities at the Remer, maybe as we were only staying for a night we did not get given the best room, the room itself was not too bad but the bathroom was awful, horrible shower and no curtain so the bathroom was in effect like a wet room this would have been fine but when I went to use the bathroom after showering I very nearly slipped up.. The elderly "gent" on reception well his manner was appalling I actually felt quite intimidated by this manner towards me, I was only asking for the wifi code and then a bit later for a spare pillow!!!The only two things in it's favour and this is just my opinion before anyone says "well we had an amazing stay there" was the beds were really comfy and it is a seafront location... We like getting a bargain and having a night in a hotel whilst we are over every now and then and we normally book through booking.com the best one we have stayed at so far is the Nevada Su, maybe because it is modern I am not sure , their shower was one of the best I have ever had...

Offline tonyb

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:36:28 AM »
We had 2 weeks there last year & had no problems. You're right though, it's personal choice. The bathrooms are in effect, wet rooms and can get be quite slippy,the rooms themselves are reasonably  spacious with flat screen TV's, beds comfortable, the location is perfect,right on the seafront and a lot of the rooms have sea or side sea view. I do take your point, Karennina,regarding the elderly gent,who is sometimes on reception,not the most helpful, but perhaps  it's because he doesn't  speak or understand English, but he is not the regular receptionist, he's the owner!! Arzul & Jan are the full time receptionists & are very helpful. The pool area could do with more sunbeds/parasols as we pointed out to them,perhaps this has now been resolved. The breakfast was the usual Turkish fayre & plentiful & nice to eat al-fresco with sea-views. Holiday Nights seem to offer the best deal at the moment. Booking.com are extortionate.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf