Author Topic: Republic of Ireland  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Republic of Ireland
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 23:46:04 PM »
Scunner, I understand what you are saying but I do not fully agree with you. Yes the World Cup is the big one but we are a small nation of 3.5 million so qualifying for any major tournament is a big thing for us.It is more important now than probably anytime because of the current state of the Irish economy. It is good to have something to celebrate among all the doom and gloom.

We will be there next year for the craic. We go with little expectation fo winning it but to enjoy it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Republic of Ireland
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 23:52:31 PM »
I'm not sure we are in disagreement - I am delighted they made it and I shall support them as much as I will England as I did in '94 (Ireland obviously!!). It is as I said a fantastic achievement and one to be proud of and to be enjoyed, celebrated and remembered (if possible). My opinion isn't anything to do with Ireland - it is my opinion on International tournaments - the World Cup is the best there is, lets say it's importance out of 100 is 100 - then for me the Euro finals come in at about 8.  :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Republic of Ireland
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »
Shame Turkey never made it! I think we will be there (Calis) for the finals and it won't be the same without them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf