Author Topic: Gary Speed Dies, 42  (Read 1594 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Gary Speed Dies, 42
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 13:47:52 PM »
I know Leeds fans are going to remember him in a massive way at our next home game this Saturday. I think even the Millwall fans will behave for that. Waccoe (a Leeds fans forum) have ordered a massive banner which will say something like 'There's Only One Gary Speed'

I also understand they are going to sing his name for the first 11 minutes non-stop at the Forest game Tuesday night (he wore the number 11 shirt at Leeds).

Both will be fitting tributes to a much loved ex Leeds United player.

Offline marina

Gary Speed Dies, 42
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 14:08:55 PM »
Stoop, I sincerely hope the Millwall fans behave for that.  It should be a very moving tribute to a player who was admired by fans from all over not just the clubs he played for.  

Offline tonyb

Gary Speed Dies, 42
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 15:23:55 PM »
When Graene Souness describes a player as great & looks genuinely absolutely shocked & choked, you listen. In footballing terms,the man was a legend. Still playing at 39 & over 500 premiership appearances, now that is dedication. From what I've read & watched & listened to , everyone had nothing but nice things to say about this man as a player or a person.People the likes of Mr G.Speed rarely come around in any sport. He will be very sadly missed.

Offline tonyb

Gary Speed Dies, 42
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 15:33:58 PM »
Stoop,I think the Millwall supporters might just surpise you. Even they know a player when they see one. The 11 minute tribute reminds me of last month in the Bruges v Birmingham match. They had a player who sadly, passed away at a very early age & wore the No.23 shirt. Every home game,without fail, bang on 23 minutes into the game. no matter what the score the whole crowd start applauding. What a lovely touch, and I am pleased to report, we joined in as well- respect costs nothing !!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Gary Speed Dies, 42
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 15:54:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Millwall fans will be a pleasant surprise on Saturday. I don't think they have that many travelling up but those that do will find a much different atmosphere than usual for this fixture.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Gary Speed Dies, 42
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »
Great result last night and the fans sang Speed's name from the 11th minute for 11 minutes.

I even hear that Forest fans joined in as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_qU4iitmlQ
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:24:14 AM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf