Author Topic: Taxi.......  (Read 989 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Taxi.......
« on: January 15, 2012, 18:50:43 PM »
Is it time to call one for Arsene Wenger.

Swansea were well worth their 3 - 2 win today, they worked harder and played equally if not better football than Arsenal.

It seemed to me that the Arsenal players were not particularly intersted which is not a good sign.

Arsenal FC seem to be going in the wrong direction.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Taxi.......
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 19:34:11 PM »
Well done to Swansea, thought they played some excellent football, I think all of the top teams are in a frame of mind at the moment they just have to turn up to win thats why we are getting strange results and there are several mediocre teams that are performing well and playing without fear of any of them, Wenger will stay as long as he wants to.

Offline fletch

Taxi.......
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:29:34 AM »
I have never called for Wenger's head before as he is the best thing that has ever happened to Arsenal. I have always said that it's not the winning of trophies that keep me going to the Emirates(when I'm in England) but the quality of football.

At the beginning of the season we were well off pace and we hadn't replaced the good players that had left the club. Bad results were coming our way and we were sat in the bottom half of the table but still Wenger was reluctant to spend the money that was offered to him by the board. He feels the pressure of fans, media and the AFC board and started a spending spree or more of a panic buy few days. The players he purchased are not up to the job, Mertesacker??? need I say more!!

You would have thought that lessons were learned from that dark period but obviously not and it is because of that I feel he now has to step aside and let another manager make his stamp. This is not based upon 1 result at Swansea as there have been many this season, Wenger looks tired and that he has lost his way now that ideas have run out. He had a dream of building a young team that would grow together, stay together and win together. He came close to achieving his dream but then certain players lost faith and went in search of trophies elsewhere, who can blame them really. We look set to lose RVP at the end of the season for the same reason and that will be the final straw for a lot of the fans.

Arsenal no longer play the fantastic passing game of a couple of years ago but live on its reputation, the players are not of the quality that will take us back to the top and compete with the likes of Barca, Man Utd and Chelsea etc. These days we are very ordinary, very beatable, very lost and in need of new direction.

The pundits can sit there saying that the injury list is big and that when the main players return things will be different but all teams suffer the same but the difference is that the replacements are still of a pedigree to win matches.

When you refuse to pay £7m for Cahill but then buy Mertesacker instead? what homework was done on this muppet? he is 6ft 7" tall but can only jump 6ft 4", he spoons everything that comes his way and has no pace at all, I have honestly seen better than him playing Sunday league! not your best days work Mr Wenger.

These are of course just the views of a very lonely and lost Gooner!! :-\:([:(!] 8)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Taxi.......
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 20:33:01 PM »
Fletch

Strange that Tony Adams rates him (Mertsacker) and he has nearly 80 caps for   Germany.You have obviously seen a lot of his game,do you think he just does not fit in at the Arsenal.

Badger
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 20:39:32 PM by badger »

Offline fletch

Taxi.......
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:04:52 AM »
Well, since he has been at Arsenal can you tell me of one game where he has proved himself to be a top class defender???

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Taxi.......
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 21:03:49 PM »

Have not really seen much of him,but I think Arsene Wenger is one of the best managers still but needs to rebuild after losing some excellent players.He rarely signs duffers,we get our share at Upton Park  :)

I listen to Talk sport quite a lot and some Gooners are not happy but a few weeks back Arsenal were playing some great football.Come the end of the season they will be top six still.

Offline anna-marie01

Taxi.......
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
I'm afraid top six is just not good enough these days, i never thought i'd say it but it's time for the taxi. 8):(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf