Author Topic: Good old Harry  (Read 2338 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Good old Harry
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 01:01:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by GordonA

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Surely the amounts of money involved make the crime no worse nor better - the crime is constantly the same - no?

Couldn't agree more Keith. There should be NO distinction, I mean, why the hell is there a legal distinction between 'Theft' & 'Petty Theft'?, it's either stolen or it's Not stolen. You cannot enter a plea of  'Petty Murder', just because the victim was only shot/stabbed once, rather than being butchered, or can you ??

Manslaughter or murder?

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Good old Harry
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 01:06:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

quote:
Originally posted by GordonA

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Surely the amounts of money involved make the crime no worse nor better - the crime is constantly the same - no?

Couldn't agree more Keith. There should be NO distinction, I mean, why the hell is there a legal distinction between 'Theft' & 'Petty Theft'?, it's either stolen or it's Not stolen. You cannot enter a plea of  'Petty Murder', just because the victim was only shot/stabbed once, rather than being butchered, or can you ??

Manslaughter or murder?

I always assumed that manslaughter was killing someone when you didn't actually mean to. I have never heard of accidentally stealing something.

Offline shuttle

Good old Harry
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 08:19:12 AM »
Harry was quilty pure and simple. So hang him high then please give
him the England managers job.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Good old Harry
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »
quilty? lets put this to bed :D

He was found not guilty in a court of law, that makes him not guilty of the crime he was charged with.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Good old Harry
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 10:11:28 AM »
Well said Andy:D

Offline corbindallas

Good old Harry
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 16:33:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

"as an ex police officer...."

what has that got to do with being aware of the difference between not guilty and guilty. In fact judging by your reference to "an innocent (cough) tax dodger" you appear not to know the difference.

"the legal system in the UK is not one to be proud of"

in my opinion, it is a damned sight better than many, many other places in the world

"and is stacked in favour of the guilty"

[?] I'm afraid I don't understand that. In this country nobody is guilty until proven so.

You asked a question I gave you a answer?

I agree with your opinion on the UK legal system, it is a damn sight better than many other places in the world (however not really difficult though considering the legal system in many country's are dire or virtually none existent) that doesn't mean I think it is a quality system or does not need changing and improvements.

In 18 years of being involved in the UK legal system at all levels, I have seen many, many injustice's where guilty people get off because of technicalities that have nothing really to do with the case in question, thus my reference to stacked in favour of the guilty and the guilty do get away with it, just because they are not charged in court does not make them 'not guilty' or innocent in my eye's. Yes yes I understand innocent until proven guilty statement, but I am talking about guilty people who are not innocent and not being dealt with correctly or fairly in my opinion. I can give many reasons for this opinion such as cases being dismissed because a pocket book wasn't initialed, or plea bargaining away some offences, or because of age, or better legal representation protection, even 'old boy's school' clubbing together etc etc, to ensure guilty person(s) are not found guilty, despite cases being black and white in reality, the list goes on and on.

By the way you can also be guilty without being proven in a legal sense like having a guilty secret or conscience, but I am being flippant as I know that is not what you were referring to.

Offline tony

Good old Harry
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 20:06:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

"as an ex police officer...."

In this country nobody is guilty until proven so.

Unless of course your name is Balotelli.  ;) Sorry folks I just couldnt resist it. tee hee

Offline tony

Good old Harry
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 20:07:58 PM »
PS Good win for Spurs today. Well done

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf