Author Topic: Have a listen to yourself Sir Alex  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Have a listen to yourself Sir Alex
« on: February 11, 2012, 22:45:33 PM »
I have great respect for the man, but is someone who was manager of a player who commited a vicious criminal assault on a spectator, is manager of a player who was banned over drugs and is manager of a player who is "playing away" with his brother's wife, really in a position to be calling another club's player a disgrace.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 23:26:33 PM »
Also a manager of a player who slept with prostitutes, two at a time whilst his wife was pregnant.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 00:01:42 AM »
Yes he is.

Offline martinp2502

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 03:23:11 AM »
Just like a lot of other managers he sees things through his own biased viewpoint.  I just wish he'd give us all a break and retire.

Offline Sus

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 06:59:39 AM »
He is the manager of the team I support, can not complain of him as a manager, but wish he would keep his mouth shut sometimes and his nose out of things, strange he saw Suarez not shaking hands with pathetic Evra, but did not notice Ferdinad refusing to shake hands with Suarez, then you get Evra's antics at the end of the game, and Evra chasing after Suarez down the tunnel at half time to demand an answer why he refused to shake hands with him, I would have done the same if I had been Suarez, Evra has tried several times to get a racist remark to stick but never managed it until the last time.

We have got Shagger Giggs and Rooney, Druggie Ferdinand who did not turn up for  a drug test, hell he was banned for around nine months I think then got a pay raise when he came back, drugs found in his restaurant, and only last week United had to apologise for a racist remark by one of the fans, plus there are loads more that are kept quite.

The Christmas party Ferdinand planned for United players and loads of prostitutes and strippers there to entertain the team.

The FA stopped the handshakes when Chelsea played QPR because of Anton Ferdinand saying he would not shake Terry's hand and they thought it was better to do so, so why did they not do the same against the Liverpool United game.

Would you shake hands with some one who had accused you of being Racist and been found guilty at an unfair trial, I know I sure as hell would not have done, but then again good old SAF was the one who started all the trouble there by going to see the ref to see what he was going to do about it.

Evra's foul last night that sent Ferdinand flying through the air when all the time it was intended for Suarez but he missed.

SAF I think it is time he kept his mouth shut and some of his views regarding players of other teams to himself, who the hell he thinks he is to say a player should not play for Liverpool any more.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:02:11 AM by Sus »

Offline thebillet

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
It's not what SAF said it was what KD didn't say. I have never seen a club's reputation drain away as quickly as Liverpool's and all while in KD's stewardship. Kenny is either against racism or he's not; if he is then stand up and be counted. Funnily enough this was the first match I can recall ever when I wanted MUFC to win. As for clouding the issue with statements about what an eegit SAF is, we all know that, it's not about him, is it?

Offline javacoffee

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 11:44:48 AM »
Has any of you read the FA judgement, is on line and it's free. It's also very very clear on what and how things were said and done. I really do advise that you read this before you defend anyone. Great win.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 12:05:58 PM »
an FA judgement is a worthless statement by a bunch of hypocrites

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »
Sorry, it's all about SAF he plays mind games and manipulates the media. The press seem very blinkered when it comes to M.U. Lets not forget Ian Wright accused Schmeichel of a racist remark as long ago as 1990's and guess what, nothing every happened. Two weeks ago a M.U. fan was arrested for racist behaivour at Old Trafford, again nothing reported. Then yesterday before the match a M.U. Fanzine was being sold outside Old Trafford with racist pictures of Suarez and disgusting comments.  The police swooped on the sells  and the magazines where confiscated. The Department of Public Prosecutions is being consulted about arrests on this. Also a guy was arrested for racist a tee shirt he was wearing. Perhaps this sort of thing before the match may have caused a riot as SAF suggested, None of this was reported on T.V. I wonder why?  
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-16996748

I personal think this is being blown up out of all proportion. Wayne Bridges refused to shake hands with Terry. Then the last couple of matching involving Terry had no handshakes. Ferdinand refused to shake hands with Suarez. Evra, as said before tried to foul Suarez then caused trouble in the tunnel and then at the end, again could have caused a riot by his celebration in front of Suarez. Remember Suarez said he was innocent, so we only have Evra's word and we know he has tried to pull the Racist Card many times before. So, how did Suarez feel when knows he is not guilty but is suppose to shake hands with the man who got him banned for 8 games. Suarez is mix race and his best friends in football are black he says himself he is not a racist. So does his best black friend who played for Ajax with him. Even Evra said Suarez is not a racist. Kenny like Fergie is backing his player.   I also think it would have been better for Suarez to shake hands at the beginning of the match, but in the end, it was his choice. Also, it would be best if like Rugby, the handshakes came at the end.  

Offline shuttle

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
Nicely put Jacqui.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf