Author Topic: funny old game football  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

funny old game football
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 22:02:00 PM »
There seems to be this hang up about Spurs being above Arsenal. There is no guarantee that this will be the case at the end of the season. Even if it does happen it will be the first time since the formation of the premiership.Big deal as one swallow does not make a summer. Spurs and Liverpool are talking about building new stadiums, let us see howt they cope with the cost and the strain that it puts on the finances.Arsenals wage bill is the fifth biggest and is in terms as a percentage of income the smallest of the top clubs.Arsenal may be paying some of these guys big salaries but it should be remembered that they cost nothing. Manchester City have players being paid 200k a week that do not even make the bench.The real measure of club finances is the level of debt and Arsenal have debts that are a fifth of Chelsea, Man U and City.If Platini finance rules are enforced some of these clubs are in for a rude awakening. Arsenal is the oneclub that is in a position to fully exploit the level playing field that these rules are intended to introduce.

Ramsey has been out for a long period and this is his first season back in the team. It takes time to adjust. Let us look at the players that have come to Arsenal and developed. henry, a Juve failure, turns into the best forward in the past 15 years. Petit, Vieria, Fabregas, Cole, nasri and many others are the players they are today because of Wenger. I remember the days of being in the North Bank and everytime Adams and Bould got the ball it was kick as far as they could and hope that Smudger gets his head to it and Ian wright gets the crumbs. Wenger turned Bould and Adams into reasonable footballers.

The way players in the premiership look after themselves these days is as a result of what Wenger has done at Arsenal. People seem to have very short memories. I may not be happy with the current situation but Wenger and his style of football has provided me with many hours of entertainment.

If Wenger is such a waste, why are some of the top clubs and countries in a queue to have him on board.

The board is the main problem at Arsenal and the club really has never been the same since David dein left. I would love to see him return.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 22:06:18 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline barry44544

funny old game football
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 11:03:06 AM »
I agree with the David Dien comment, The Board in-fighting over who gets control of the club
is the main problem with Asenal at the moment.
BUT when we beat Spurs any season it feels great..
So when we fight back and beat Milan 5-0 all will be well again.
In Arsen we trust.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf