Author Topic: Gooners  (Read 3493 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Gooners
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »
I only had two beers last night:D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:30:31 AM by tinkerman »

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Gooners
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

football fans are so fickle, two weeks ago you wanted to sack the manager:D

Let me be clear Andy, I still think that Arsenal would be better off without AW, he's lost the plot both in football terms and in his own personal behaviour.  Ars3nal will move on without him, keep him and we'll carry on with the same problems, making the same mistakes again and again.

AW has been a great manager, but he needs a refresh in the same way as Arsenal do.

Offline tony

Gooners
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 14:19:37 PM »
Well done Arsenal, always liked Wenger and I wish him well.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Gooners
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 14:47:12 PM »
Very easy to say Arsenal will be better off without AW. The question is who would replace him?

The contenders likeJose and Guadiola have had the budget to spend big.This is not something that they would have at Arsenal. I am sure that if you provide an average manager with a bottomless pit of cash they can win the premiership.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Gooners
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 15:01:18 PM »
Spot on Gerry, as they did with mourinho and will with mancini.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Gooners
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 21:33:31 PM »
If you cannot see beyond AW because of your fear that we would need a highly paid hired gun type of manager, and a team of very highly paid mercenaries.  Please consider this. The team - I try not to use their name!! - who are above us, I'm sorry to report, play exciting, free-flowing football, and are tenacious in defence.  And despite the second half drubbing we gave them last week, and the Manure gave them this afternoon, they are still four points ahead of us!  Perhaps more important for your judgement perspective is the fact that they have done this on half the wage bill we have, and a manager on a lot less than AW's £7 million a year.

I'm not looking for some hired gun - particularly a foreign one - to be brought in to replace AW, it will always end in tears.  I'd probably look to someone like David Moyes, who I believe has more than earned his chance at a big club from the great work he does with a small squad, year in year out at Everton.  I'd even consider Roy Hodgson working with with a Director of Football (Liam Brady??) and an heir apparent as his assistant manager, who would take over from Hodgson in 1-2 years, Stevie Bould would be the ideal candidate for the assistant role.  That's just a couple of suggestions, and no doubt there are a lot more.

Like I said AWs departure would not only be good for the Arsenal, it would probably be good for him as well.

COME ON ARSENAL ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Gooners
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 21:50:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

I'm not looking for some hired gun - particularly a foreign one - to be brought in to replace AW, it will always end in tears.  I'd probably look to someone like David Moyes

Bruce Rioch is between jobs

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Gooners
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 21:55:20 PM »
:D

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Gooners
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 00:03:33 AM »
Spurs are playing such great football they were played off the park by Arsenal, who showed them how free flowing football should be played. This is the first time since the formation of the premiership that they might finish above the Gunners. So Arsenal sack one of the best managers in the game. A manager that is in demand and could go to any of the top clubs in Europe. if Arsenal were to get rid of him he would be at Chelsea next season earning a much bigger wage than he is at the moment.

The suggested replacements Roy Hodgson, how many times has he been sacked? David Moyes, not the worst choice, has no experience in running a big club. So let us be brave and take a chance.Why not add Rafa Benitez, another Liverpool reject, to the list as he is currently out of work. There is a big difference between finishing mid table each season and qualifying for the Champions League.Whoever thinks that these would be the answer seems to be wearing blinkers and rose tinted glasses. With any of those replacing Wenger I can see that there will be a mad rush of top class players wanting to sign for Arsenal. Steve Bould is tipped to replace Pat Rice at the end of the season.

There are problems at Arsenal that need to be resolved. There are some fringe players earning too much. I do not think sacking Wenger is the answer. What is needed is the armchair supporters to stop this constant moaning.

The one thing that Bruce Rioch did at Arsenal was to sign Dennis Bergkamp one of the best foreign players to play in English football.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 00:09:44 AM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Gooners
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »
Should para 2 line 3 read:

With any of those replacing Wenger I cannot see that there will be a mad rush of top class players wanting to sign for Arsenal.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:35:56 AM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf