Author Topic: Gooners  (Read 3487 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Gooners
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »
OVP the reason we played such free flowing football in the second half, you've probably shut out the poor performance in the first half, was because 'arry made the tactical error of removing the extra man in the middle of the park, foolishly (on his part) giving us space to play in.

Big players coming to Arsenal because of Wenger, not any more.  For a case in point look at Matta, long term target for Arsenal ends up at Chelski, we get Artetta.  Looks like AW has failed there when you compare their individual performances and contribution to the team!

Truth to tell quality players are going in the opposite direction, that is out of the club .. Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy and most recently Arshavin ... and in case you haven't noticed those we kept such as Billy Bendtner (who wants out anyway), Vela, Shamak, Dennilson, Park to name but a few, are best described as sub prime players and are either out on loan (can't work with Wenger or paid too much to sell on by Wenger) or are permanent bench warmers who are never going to play, AWs choice again.

And if Wenger is so good at attracting people to Arsenal, why did Paddy Vierra choose to coach at Mercenary City rather than rejoin his golden age boss AW as part of his coaching set up?

The problem is with the AKB view on life is that they are measuring AWs performance through the prism of his record from 7 plus years ago, and not on what is happening now.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Gooners
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 12:26:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

why did Paddy Vierra choose to coach at Mercenary City rather than rejoin his golden age boss AW as part of his coaching set up?

Money?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Gooners
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 12:31:23 PM »
Bob Wilson in a recent radio interview, and whilst alluding to the fact that "he had the manager's ear" suggested that Scott Parker told him (BW) that he wanted to join Arsenal. He also named someone else but for the life of me I cannot remember who.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Gooners
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 12:36:06 PM »
Carlton Palmer

Offline usedbustickets

Gooners
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

Bob Wilson in a recent radio interview, and whilst alluding to the fact that "he had the manager's ear" suggested that Scott Parker told him (BW) that he wanted to join Arsenal. He also named someone else but for the life of me I cannot remember who.

Careful on that one, Bob Wilson is known as the President of the AKB Club. :)  Yes there was a lot of talk about Scott Parker joining the Arsenal, and despite protestations from other members of my family, I thought he would be an ideal person for Arsenal - as he has proved for Tottenham .... but again why did we not get him??

By the way Scunner stop frightening me with talk of the return of RSM Rioch, you'll be demanding the return of Stuart Houston next, or even worse Terry 'Two Clubs' Neil ..... too frightening to contemplate:D:D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Gooners
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 12:45:17 PM »
Arnold Palmer more like - he's had less clubs ;)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Gooners
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 15:23:33 PM »
Highlander, it was a little tongue in cheek saying I would see a big rush to join Arsenal. They struggle to attract big players now what chance is there with some of the jokers suggested in charge.

Wenger does not own the club and has a limit to what he can spend. Contract negotiations are not handled by Wenger. In the case of Mata it came down to agreeing a fee and Arsenal were not willing to pay the fee. As I have stated many times Arsenal is a business.If ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and City were normal businesses they would be declared bankrupt. To that list you can add Madrid and Barca.

Maybe harry should not be the England manager if he is tactically so naive to allow the opposition to play.

Vieria was never offered a position at Arsenal. Wenger refused to sign him when City took him for a season as a player. Wenger was right because he was well past his sell by date.

UBT, As I am a season ticket holder and not an armchair pundit who thinks he knows all the answers, I am fully aware of the squad and what they are and how much they cost. Somehow your blinkered view of throwing Wenger out will result in the sun coming out  and the garden will be full of roses.Plenty talk but really very little substance.

Offline barry44544

Gooners
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 16:29:10 PM »
I agree with most of what O P O says. The club is well and truly run by the Board.
A W has made the very best of the players he has asked for and got and has
got good money for lots of them when he has improved and then sold them.
The club I feel is still suffering from infighting over control of the club, once that ends
who knows what the way we will go then.
As long as they dont take a leaf out of Blackpool's book.

Offline usedbustickets

Gooners
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 14:26:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

Highlander, it was a little tongue in cheek saying I would see a big rush to join Arsenal. They struggle to attract big players now what chance is there with some of the jokers suggested in charge.

Wenger does not own the club and has a limit to what he can spend. Contract negotiations are not handled by Wenger. In the case of Mata it came down to agreeing a fee and Arsenal were not willing to pay the fee. As I have stated many times Arsenal is a business.If ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and City were normal businesses they would be declared bankrupt. To that list you can add Madrid and Barca.

Maybe harry should not be the England manager if he is tactically so naive to allow the opposition to play.

Vieria was never offered a position at Arsenal. Wenger refused to sign him when City took him for a season as a player. Wenger was right because he was well past his sell by date.

UBT, As I am a season ticket holder and not an armchair pundit who thinks he knows all the answers, I am fully aware of the squad and what they are and how much they cost. Somehow your blinkered view of throwing Wenger out will result in the sun coming out  and the garden will be full of roses.Plenty talk but really very little substance.

I could use up all the e-power on CBF trying to explain to you Gerry the flaws with Wenger, but I have a great idea. How about we meet before the game tonight when I can explain in 'armchair punditry' (LOL)terms what the problems are in full graphical detail.  And the first beer is on me, after which we can head for the ground and take our armchairs sorry I mean seats.:D:D  Call me on 07********* on where to meet for the beer - I'll be going into Highbury and Islington tonight.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 00:01:22 AM by usedbustickets »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Gooners
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 17:33:27 PM »
Good luck to them tonight.

2 - 0 at half time ? and who knows :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf