Author Topic: has king kenny walked???  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
has king kenny walked???
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 23:33:29 PM »
I think he came in as was necessary and did a pretty good job. Now as my old boss used to say about sales, turning up at the right time is only half of it, knowing when to leave is equally important. I can't see any great future for Kenny other than delivering another season like this one. I'm sure he doesn't need it and he has done his reputation at Anfield no harm whatsoever I am sure. Time to take a bow and return to the golf course  ;)

Offline cheers

has king kenny walked???
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 16:26:49 PM »
Kenny has been sacked :(:(:(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
has king kenny walked???
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 16:38:40 PM »
Shame, I think they should have given him another season.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
has king kenny walked???
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 17:11:43 PM »
Raffa back? He should never have been sacked IMO.

As I said before, Kenny looked like he didn't have his heart in it to me. He doesn't need the hassle anyway.

Offline thebillet

has king kenny walked???
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 18:29:03 PM »
Sacked after winning the Carling Cup, are these people never satisfied?

Offline martinp2502

has king kenny walked???
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 20:14:01 PM »
Unfortunately the Carling Cup is a tournament that most of the top teams use to give some of the reserves a first team run out. The Liverpool owners wanted the Champions League money.

Liverpool's form since Christmas has been appalling with defeats against clubs that would once have seemed unthinkable. Add to that being owned by people that don't know a corner kick from a Joey Barton headbutt and there was only one way KD was going.

I don't suppose finishing behind their penniless neighbours helped either.

Offline thebillet

has king kenny walked???
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 21:46:19 PM »
The BBC reports that Kenny said
"I am disappointed with results in the league, but I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything as I know how much it meant to our fans and the club to be back winning trophies,"

I was only being sarcastic but Kenny actually meant it "I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything" you couldn't make it up, rather than e.g. being in the same position as Man Utd, last minute loss to City in the league, same points total as the champions and automatically qualify for the champions league, Kenny would rather celebrate beating Cardiff on penalties. I will definitely miss Kenny.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
has king kenny walked???
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 00:34:17 AM »
Strange is'nt it, seen it coming, but still shocked, funny old world.:(

Offline martinp2502

has king kenny walked???
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 06:48:46 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by thebillet

The BBC reports that Kenny said
"I am disappointed with results in the league, but I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything as I know how much it meant to our fans and the club to be back winning trophies,"

I was only being sarcastic but Kenny actually meant it "I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything" you couldn't make it up, rather than e.g. being in the same position as Man Utd, last minute loss to City in the league, same points total as the champions and automatically qualify for the champions league, Kenny would rather celebrate beating Cardiff on penalties. I will definitely miss Kenny.

Sorry I missed the sarcasm, now I see it i like your post even more!

Offline tonyb

has king kenny walked???
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 15:09:55 PM »
He did't quit, he was pushed & after spending £20 million on Henderson, I could see why. £35million on Carroll was a joke even the scousers didn't get & the Carling Cup for a team like Liverpool is a classic case of under acheivement,for heavens sake, we won it last year & to be fair we can't be mentioned in the same breath as them, but the performance in the first half of the F.A CUP was appalling,when they had the opportunity to get a Cup double.You had to question the motivation of the players. If they'd have won both Cups Dalglish would still be in a job, got rid of some dead wood & started next season with some expectation. Now I'm just not sure, they don't seem to have the magnetism for top players like they used to.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf