Author Topic: England Squad named  (Read 2438 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
England Squad named
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 19:09:33 PM »
:D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
England Squad named
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 00:09:42 AM »
Rooney isn't world class! If he was he'd have scored at least 4 on Sunday.

RVP is world class. Rooney couldn't lace his boots!

Offline fletch

England Squad named
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 07:01:42 AM »
To be honest I think the mix of players is not that bad, I'm glad Rooney isn't there as he always has a bad attitude when representing England and rarely finds good form when playing for them. John Terry is in my mind the obvious captain of the England squad and I think Gerrard being given that responsibility is a minor mistake. I am old school in my views on international football in that I think the captain should be a centre back and we should also play a 4-4-2 formation, make the opposition play our game.

I wish Mr Hodgson and the team the best of luck for the competition and only hope that English football is the winner, no schoolboy antics or petulance. We want the world to see us as a professional disciplined football nation and one that adopts a true sporting attitude to the competition win or lose.

Play the game as the great Bobby Moore would have wanted it to be played!

p.s. Stoop, I am not sure about RVP being world class as he has only really performed for Arsenal this year, if he can do the same next year then I might agree.  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
England Squad named
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 07:23:01 AM »
He'll be doing it for City next season ;-)

Rooney is going - he just misses the first two games  :)

Offline fletch

England Squad named
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 08:13:09 AM »
Sorry, I forgot about Rooney........as for RVP doing it for City, I think you are right. Personally I don't think that RVP will be the player next year he was this and we should cash in before he leaves on a free transfer.

Back to Rooney, I hope he leaves all the bad stuff behind and just plays football as I do rate him as a great player....not world class but he does have the ability to become it.

Offline corbindallas

England Squad named
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 15:12:42 PM »
To be fair I guess if Harry had picked this squad, some would have being saying things slightly different, but because it is Roy he get's slaughtered straight away. I think it is about time the squad had new faces in it and to give youngsters a go as it appears with some of the named. Let's face it the senior experienced players didn't exactly shine in the last big tournement!I could name a few players who I would like to see in the squad also but who cares, I am not the England Manager and as correctly pointed out Roy will either stand or fall by his choice so as a England supporter I say good luck to him and the team.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf