Author Topic: Who Will Win Euro 2012  (Read 2385 times)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Re: Who Will Win Euro 2012
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »
Despite getting as "far" as we did what a very sad game to watch if you are an England supporter. Was it me or did we give the ball away almost every time we had possession?

I know it's an old saying but you cannot secore if you do not have the ball. This kind of performance is way so many people are negative when it comes to the England team and their ability to win things.

So do we think positive for the next tournament or say same old England and wait for them to loose  :) :(  ;)

Offline martinp2502

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 13:21:44 PM »
England were awful and it's about time these professional overpaid, overrated players realise how average they are. Apart from possibly Joe Hart there's not a single world class player amongst them. Until someone realises how technically woefully inadequate we are it'll be same old, same old in the World Cup.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 18:10:05 PM »
just watched roy hodgson,s comments on sky sports after the match and a lot of what he said makes sense, certainly more than the clown the FA give the job to before him, who couldnt speak more than a couple of words of english. so lets move on and build for 2014, no terry, no gerrard, not even sure about ashley cole, forget rooney, build up with the youngsters, hart, walcott, chamberlain, lescott was ok too, wellbeck can make it, granted we will lose a few games, friendly internationals etc, but so what, germany do it when their team becomes stale and where are they when a major tournament starts, at the top and performing well again. lets learn something, god knows 46 years without winning something, someone has to do something. Rant finished. :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 18:22:12 PM »
One question - would Wellbeck have contributed more than Rooney did?

Answer: It would have been difficult for him to contribute less.

I have never been convinced when it comes to Rooney - he still lives on his achievements aged 16 and 17 to me. He did nothing at WC 2010 and nothing here. Yet we bring him when he can't even play in the first two games, which we did fairly ok in, and change the team, the shape, the spirit to try and crowbar him in. Why? Other nations don't do this - if you are out suspended you have to break back into the team. We had the same with the Gerrard/Lampard situation, "they are both good so they must both play" mentality - it's total rubbish!

Another thing your Germanys, Italys and Spains don't do is persevere with mediocrity. Sorry, but a Spanish version of Milner or Ashley Young would have struggled to make the bench after their contributions (or lack of) but we stick with them time and time again, and watch people like Milner put crosses in 3 yards behind the strikers (or 10 yards into the crowd behind the goal.  We have to accept some are good at their clubs but can't cut it at international level and leave them and move on. How many years of this did we get with Heskey?

Teams win the major international tournaments - not so-called World class players. A team won last night, did you notice that?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 18:27:23 PM »
I had a quick look at the Sports Page of the Daily Express in Tesco while waiting for whats her name. Well I wasn't going to splash out and buy it.

Reporter gave Wayne Rooney 5 out of 10 and Pirlo 7 out of 10. ???

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 19:23:25 PM »
Thumbs up from me on that Keith. spot on, i must be in a good mood.  :)  :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 13:41:39 PM »
Milner and Young would struggle to make an MFI bench

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 21:06:36 PM »
if alan shearer says ballotelli has yet to prove himself, i hope hes watching this, because he is only 21 and he will be in the next 2 world cups and the next 2 euro championships, i just wonder how many city fans feel now , do they say yes he,s a man city player or do they say as an englishman i wish we had somebody like that.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf