Author Topic: Portugal/Spain Joke  (Read 794 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Portugal/Spain Joke
« on: June 27, 2012, 17:28:21 PM »
One of my hobbies is to collect jokes from other countries. Jokes that show a nation's special sense of humour or the local equivalent of English "Irish jokes" - for example, in France they tell "Belgian jokes". I was certain there would be a joking rivalry between (big brother) Spain and (little brother) Portugal. So when I met a Portuguese chap I cajoled him into telling me a "Spanish joke", which he resisted thinking it not quite PC, until I had plied him with sufficient alcohol to loosen his tongue. The joke he told suggests a certain spiciness in tonight's match - on-field and off.

A Spanish man and a Portuguese man were walking along a country road when they came across a genie. The genie was in a very good mood and promised each of them he would grant one wish. The Spaniard elbowed his way forward shouting "Me first! Me first!", The Spaniard's wish was that Spain be completely surrounded by a very high wall in order "to keep the bloody Portuguese out". There was a big flash and the genie said "Job done".

Then it was the Portuguese turn. He asked the genie "Is it true that you built a high wall all round Spain?". "Oh yes, 100 metres high, all round". "Good" said the Portuguese "Well now fill the entire damn place in with sand".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf