Author Topic: Reading vs Arsenal  (Read 1157 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Reading vs Arsenal
« on: October 31, 2012, 09:02:17 AM »
Well as a Gooner I can't help by saying that last night's game was one of the most exciting, down and up games, a goal fest, played with passion never say die, and some of the worst defending by a top team that I've viewed in a long time.  And to cap it all 12 Goals, a rugby score!!

I really do feel for Reading, but it does take two teams to make a great match, and that was a great game for both the right and wrong reasons, and I could sit here and moan about some the dreadful football played by Arsenal, but then that helped make it into a great game..... phew!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Reading vs Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:07:06 AM »
Four minutes extra time, Arsenal score in the 6th minute...  :o
I realise Reading wasted time, but we have seen teams doing that in the past and still the whistle is blown on time.    I bet if M.U. where playing it would be only 4 minutes E.T.    ;) ;D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »
Four minutes extra time, Arsenal score in the 6th minute...  :o
I realise Reading wasted time, but we have seen teams doing that in the past and still the whistle is blown on time.    I bet if M.U. where playing it would be only 4 minutes E.T.     ;) ;D
Oh Jacqui you do show an ignorance of the rules of the game.  It's a minimum of 4 minutes plus time during the extra time for for ball out of play, time wasting by Reading and not forgetting the substitution Reading made which is an automatic 30 seconds added.  Agreed it was in the dying seconds of the game, but the goal came in legitimate added time ..... not that strange phenomenon of time that exists in the NW of england at both Anfield and Old Trafford (Fergie Time)... shouldn't forget either that Arsenal were not even the home team, who are the usual beneficiaries of added time

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22:57 AM »
Sorry, I am not ignorant of the rules of the game.   It seems that rules are made to be broken.  Such as a linesman waving for off side after the player and his team have started celebrating and then when asked was it off side he said "I think so"    Seems to be that rules of football mean nothing these days, so no matter how much you know you cannot apply your knowledge to today's game as it does not equate anymore.
I congratulate Arsenal on winning, but depending on the ref that day, he could have blown the whistle after 5 minutes and no one could have contradicted him.
I sometimes wish that officials would stick to the rules of the game.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 14:33:35 PM »
What i find amazing is that Craig Gordon is still without a club ,after witnessing another bad display by both keepers either club could certainly use him.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 14:44:20 PM »
What was there not to like about that match, apart from the eventual winners of course :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf