Author Topic: Gooner Misery  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Gooner Misery
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 22:01:13 PM »
It was indeed yes. Is he still about?

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 06:41:58 AM »
Yes Scunner me old mate, sad to say even worse than the drubbing we got last year.  Here we are a year plus on from that terrible day, and we still do not have (or rather have not acquired or not let go) the players (and certainly a manager) who will allow us to compete for the title, or even a team who are up for it to compete in a head to head with Man U .... something we have always been able to do except for the last three years!!..  Blimey even Fergie is wondering what has happened to the Gooners of old for a fixture that he can relish on a head to head basis, irrespective of how either club is perfoming in the league.

It also doesn't help that your former Captain - who you let go for 'football reasons' - scores against you following a nervous clearance by your new Captain .... and don't ask me about Santos (who makes Eboue look intelligent) asking the former captain for his shirt at half time >:( >:( >:(
Agree 100% Peter, shows the superior tactics of SAF too, takes Cleverly off to stop him getting a red card, Wenger leaves Willshire on to get a red, why oh why did they let Alex song go?.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 10:49:44 AM »
Why did they let Song go here we go:-

He was lazy and disruptive during training
He lacked discipline and was always wandering out of position, very occasionaly to good effect, but most times he left a great gapping hole in front of the back four - who were struggling enough last year - that better 'flair' players like Arteta were then left to cover
Never liked to play when the team we were playing were what he would consider 'ordinary', only showed interest during the big games
He was always passing to his imaginary friends, i.e. passing the ball into space where there was no Arsenal players
He had a an over inflated view of his worth, particularly when Barca were looking for a bench warmer, and became a pain in the ar$e around the club to move
African nations Cup every two years didn't help either

Will that little list do Des?  Just to be clear when I said as a club that we can't keep losing our best players to other clubs, I was not referring to Alex Song  ;)

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 10:51:02 AM »
Why did they let Song go here we go:-

He was lazy and disruptive during training
He lacked discipline and was always wandering out of position, very occasionaly to good effect, but most times he left a great gapping hole in front of the back four - who were struggling enough last year - that better midfield 'flair' players like Arteta were then left to cover
Never liked to play when the team we were playing were what he would consider 'ordinary', only showed interest during the big games
He was always passing to his imaginary friends, i.e. passing the ball into space where there was no Arsenal players
He had a an over inflated view of his worth, particularly when Barca were looking for a bench warmer, and became a pain in the ar$e around the club to move
African nations Cup every two years didn't help either

Will that little list do Des?  Just to be clear when I said as a club that we can't keep losing our best players to other clubs, I was not referring to Alex Song   ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 13:11:26 PM »
Think you made your point Pete. no need to post it twice.  ;)

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 13:36:27 PM »
So good I posted it twice Des ......  ;D ;D

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 14:37:20 PM »
How the hell was it only 2-1,terrible display and no flair whatsoever.Walcott must be wondering what he has done to upset the blind Frenchman.  :-[

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 08:19:13 AM »
Cant knock Wenger... not his fault he loses all his star players... football fans are fickle.. the managers great when the teams winning... but its `off with his head` when their losing.. I  support a div 2 club and its just the same at that level  :-)  I like Wenger .. always have, and have enjoyed watching Arsenal play ( on tv ) and although lacking silverware.. they have always for years and years been consistently high in finishing in the premiership...  theres not many managers who can boast that record.. get off his back.. the gooners will be `there or thereabouts` by the end of the season in the top 4 .. yet again for about the god knows  how many times  :-)      thats pretty good in my book.... and will we ever forget their great comeback against Reading ?? and who knows they just might bounce back tonight against Shalke :-)       keep entertaining us please Gooners...

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 08:20:58 AM »
But yes it was a dreadful performance against Man utd...  it can only get better

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf