Author Topic: Rangers FC / HMRC  (Read 885 times)

Offline fletch

Rangers FC / HMRC
« on: November 21, 2012, 15:39:08 PM »
HMRC forced Rangers FC into liquidation for taxes owed, could it be that there were actually no taxes owed at all?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-20414804

If that is the case then Rangers FC will have a case against HMRC that could cost the British taxpayer a small fortune. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this one.....

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Rangers FC / HMRC
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 15:58:12 PM »
I'm looking for a new job, I'll consider anything that pays over £50,000 "tax free loan" a year. Could this be the end of income tax in the UK?  ;)

Offline fletch

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 16:21:10 PM »
The end of income tax in the UK? All clients of these schemes do pay tax & NI......it is that they use tax professionals to minimise the amount by using the loopholes created within the legislation of UK tax laws. No different to someone that operates through their own Ltd company and uses it as a way of minimising their tax liability.

I am sure that HMRC will appeal but if they fail in their bid then how much will this cost the British taxpayer? It has been reported in one of the broadsheets today that efforts by HMRC trying to recover monies from people/companies using tax avoidance schemes is nowhere near in balance with what is actually being spent chasing them. This Rangers FC case is just another blow for them and all because the simple fact is that tax avoidance is not illegal. HMRC should wait until the UK tax law is changed before chasing monies from a perfectly legitimate/compliant scheme.

Offline amca

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 17:42:54 PM »
The Wages Departments will have to be renamed The Tax Free Loans Department.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf