Author Topic: The weekend Spurs change the title race and what about Southampton?  (Read 2572 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: The weekend Spurs change the title race and what about Southampton?
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 19:47:29 PM »
where's the 'like' button when you need one!  ;D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »
fatboy Lampard has been the most consistant player in the premierships history by a country mile
So consistent that Chelski can't wait to out him ..... unlike that other most consistent player in Prem history Ryan Giggs!

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 19:04:16 PM »
 Many Saints fans on the radio today and they are not at all happy and rightly so,what is going on in management these days?

Sack a good English manager and appoint one that speaks via an interpreter,remember Ramos at spurs,he struggled to take

training sessions because the players couldn't understand him !   

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 19:30:53 PM »
Couldn't agree more Badge - what extra could the owners of Southampton have expected that Adkins didn't deliver? What would they have given just a few years ago for what he delivered since he was appointed to a club in an embarrassing position in tier 3? We do laugh at the manager appointing mentality at Chelsea but Southampton are no Chelsea and never will be.

I have no idea who the new guy is but I do hope Southampton plummet like a stone and leave the Premiership soon - hopefully sent down on the final day of the season by Adkin's next club  :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 04:42:37 AM »
well they do have a woman in charge and if she doesn't like the furniture where it is.....

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 15:40:23 PM »
Couldn't agree more Badge - what extra could the owners of Southampton have expected that Adkins didn't deliver? What would they have given just a few years ago for what he delivered since he was appointed to a club in an embarrassing position in tier 3? We do laugh at the manager appointing mentality at Chelsea but Southampton are no Chelsea and never will be.

I have no idea who the new guy is but I do hope Southampton plummet like a stone and leave the Premiership soon - hopefully sent down on the final day of the season by Adkin's next club   :)

I don't really know why I am on here talking football today, after the Gunners loss to Chelski yesterday, apart from the cheating, Chelski look a very poor team compared to teams of the recent past ..... and before you say it Tinx, not that we were any better!!! 

Any way the purpose of this post was to endorse everything Keith said above, it seems with some Chairman or Directors of Football, success can only be guaranteed through the use of non British Managers.  Mind you its also the same with some managers (both British and Foreign) they always think that if they buy a foreign player they will always work out in the Premership, and rarely (if ever) consider players from - say - the Championship, or even some of the Scottish Teams, who given the opportunity can develop into solid Premiership quality ....... am I right or am I right?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 22:19:27 PM »
Sadly you are wrong :( the best players are foriegn players because they have guile, they can control and pass a ball with the right pace which is lacking in British players, yes there are British players that can do this but not enough to form a team let alone a league

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 09:05:28 AM »
Sadly you are wrong :( the best players are foriegn players because they have guile, they can control and pass a ball with the right pace which is lacking in British players, yes there are British players that can do this but not enough to form a team let alone a league

Tinx your missing the point, I'm not saying that British players are best and foreign players are not as good.  I can recall a large number of foreign players who were not up to scratch for the Premership.  My point is if you are only going to look for players in foreign leagues, and indeed then spend time waiting for them to 'get used' to the Premiership and English game, you are going to get a larger number of (marginal) foreign players as a result.  I simply suggest that if that effort for scouting and giving time to players was used on  British players from say the Championship, you would see more British players in the league...... Another explanation may well be agents, brown envelopes, bank accounts in the name of dogs etc. are easier to hide when dealing with foreign players, especially - but not exclusively - a number of the South American and African players and their agents.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »
it's not scouting that is needed its professional coaching from an early age as they do abroad, the players of the calibre needed for premiership football are not there  :)

Offline jrichards1

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 11:09:22 AM »
Your right Tink, in many areas not just sport, we expect high achievement. Yet the foundations for the education and training are rarely in place.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf