Author Topic: Kicking the Ball Boy  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Kicking the Ball Boy
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:10:37 AM »
Just watched Pat Nevin on the BBC this morning and I agree quite a lot with him.  No, it's not right to kick a ball boy and I am not a Chelsea fan, but I have some sympathy with Chelsea this morning. The ball boy (who is 17???) wrote on twitter before the match he would try and slow the game down if he got the ball.  He should not have lay on top of  the ball.   The Chelsea player was frustrated and wanting to get on with the match and tried to kick the ball from under the boy and was not kicking the boy.  He should not have done it, but things happen in the heat of the moment.  I see no action is going to be taken in this case either by the police or the boy.
I even got a call from my son during the match who is a red hot Liverpool supporter he said he was amazed at the ball boy's action and felt sorry for the Chelsea player (now that is a first for my son) ;D
I note, as usual the BBC are making a real meal of this issue this morning >:( :(

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: Kicking the Ball Boy
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:31:20 AM »
Thank God it wasn't Mario. Media feeding frenzy would be the order of the day.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:43:15 AM »
The lad is probably a spoiled little brat (dad worth £42m) who thinks its funny to get himself noticed on TV.

Hazard was not trying to kick him and even the police have said he has no injuries.

Yes Hazard was stupid but he was trying to get on with the game. 12 minutes left and the little brat lies on top of the ball!

Well done Swansea - what a shame a stupid boy is getting more coverage than you beating the Euro Champions!

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 13:49:14 PM »
What !!!!! A thug kicks a kid in front of millions and you two feel sorry for him ,for christs sake .

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Re: Kicking the Ball Boy
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 14:07:02 PM »
The lad is probably a spoiled little brat (dad worth £42m) who thinks its funny to get himself noticed on TV.

Hazard was not trying to kick him and even the police have said he has no injuries.

Yes Hazard was stupid but he was trying to get on with the game. 12 minutes left and the little brat lies on top of the ball!

Well done Swansea - what a shame a stupid boy is getting more coverage than you beating the Euro Champions!

Stoop - absolutely spot on -meant to post earlier today but you have said everything

The lad should also be banned from the ground for 12 months.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 14:46:24 PM »
What should Mr Hazard have done if, as quite often happens, a supporter had held on to the ball.

Should he have leapt Cantona-like into the crowd and given him or her a good kicking.

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 15:01:05 PM »
Sad to see that the "amateur dramatics" and time wasting antics of soccer's modern "theatre"are spreading off the field of play and onto the side lines, the lad had obviously grown up watching this sort of behaviour on the telly and thought it was acceptable or "cool" to do it, he was in the wrong, but the player was also in the wrong for kicking him, and the real loser; the sport of soccer :( :(

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 17:48:33 PM »
well said Stoop... I  agree completely

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 17:56:46 PM »
It was clear to see by the speed the ball shot out from under the kid that the player had kicked the ball and not the kid, what a stupid little brat, he just wanted the lime light, he rolled on the floor holding his ribs and called for the ref!!!! He must be in training to be a footballer. Ban him for bringing the game into disrepute.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 18:50:40 PM »
What should Mr Hazard have done if, as quite often happens, a supporter had held on to the ball.

Should he have leapt Cantona-like into the crowd and given him or her a good kicking.

Yes, definitely. It might make full-contact spectator abuse a more interesting sport than watching over-paid children playing with a ball.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf