Author Topic: Balotelli - will anyone miss him?  (Read 8289 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Balotelli - will anyone miss him?
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2013, 22:35:16 PM »
Chelsea have won 3 Premierships since 1996 same as Arsenal???
Yes and before then, or rather BA (Before Abramovich), they won the PL or more properly the First Division ONCE and that was even before the Spuds last won it JBBWT (Justabout Before Black and White Telly).  But in fairness to Chelski in the interim period they did win the second division a couple of times.... but that sort of detail is forgotten by the Neuavou Riche of West London who suffer the most remarkable short term memory.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2013, 22:43:13 PM »
So with all the high prices of players and of course their wages  I see on the news tonight  Liverpool fans protesting down in London at the away ticket price of £62.00.   How can a working man or woman afford these prices??
Spot on Jacqui it is an insult to working men and women to charge these prices, which is why you get so many middle class driving out the old working class supporter AND not forgetting the youngsters who would not only attend home games, but would often travel away as well.

Mind you on the matter of the Arsenal charging high prices for away fans, do you know how much Liverpool charge? But I bet it's a pretty penny these days, we had this away ticket price thing going on with the Mercenary City supporters a month or so back, but they seemed unaware that Manc City charged Arsenal supporters £58 for tickets when they went to the New Main Road.  You see they are all at it!!

Offline sandgrounder

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2013, 22:45:00 PM »
Des, I do remember Peter Osgood and David Webb. Two really nice guys who I had the pleasure to meet on a couple of occasions :D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2013, 22:50:45 PM »
Stubs, that is called team history, every team has one, good times bad times it wouldn't be football without it  :)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2013, 23:09:33 PM »
Can I just say if a Spaniard had scored those  2 goals that a player from Stockport, Rochdale & Rotherham scored for Reading tonight - we would have called him world class

Come on 10 in 13 Adam Le Fondre and Reading my 2nd favourite team - for now :D

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2013, 17:23:30 PM »
Firstly re Balotelli. When he turned up with the right frame of mind he was world class and a pleasure to watch. Unfortunately however all too often he ended up being a bit "on his own" and disinterested and was awful as a result. This made him high risk I guess. Last season against United he was sublime. This season we was all at sea and was not playing as part of his team.

As regards the Championship I too find it a bit depressing that it has now become a bit of an expensive hobby of the mega-rich which detracts from the tradition our world renowned league was built upon. It basically means someone can come along, spend £600m on any team irrespective of its history or pedigree, enjoy success for a couple of years and then throw it away when they become bored (condemning it back to mediocrity) . In Man City's case, the club didn't have any real recent success to build upon. The millions came in and within a couple of years so did the trophies. The same happened to Blackburn with Jack Walker.

The best players command the highest fees so if you want the best team you have to spend the most money. It doesn't always quite work out perfectly and that in itself creates intrigue but generally you will find it is the case.

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2013, 19:57:25 PM »
Agree piscoe but money is no guarentee of success.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf