Author Topic: West am innit!  (Read 2122 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
West am innit!
« on: March 22, 2013, 18:49:14 PM »
What do you think about the hammers going into the olympic stadium??
I would suggest its a bridge too far  :o

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: West am innit!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 19:04:15 PM »
I went to Upton Park a couple of times and the atmosphere was frightening for the away teams - not sure they will keep that in a large trendy stadium which generally means sterile!

Remember thinking the same at the Reebok and the Ethiad so maybe I am just getting old but it is sad to see these places of history disappearing.

How many big clubs have developed their own stadiums by building up or out like Man Utd and Liverpool - I think that is always better.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 19:08:57 PM »
Or down, like Barcelona  :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 19:36:36 PM »
2 up one down like barce  ;)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 20:17:28 PM »
The talk is that many Hammers fans are opposed to the move , and tonights London Standard was giving it lots of coverage as you would expect,as there is over 100 years of history at the Boleyn ground,Lots of happy and not so happy memories for me , but I guess you have to move with the times and as stated WHUFC could never afford to make a move like this without financial help from the Olympic commitee Newham council etc, so its a one off opportunity.The Stadium would be a lot easier to get  and is only 35 minutes by train for me   :)

Crystal ball time - come in BM06

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 20:38:45 PM »
Sorry Geoff didn't realise it was closer for you to travel - that's it then for me - its a goer  ;)

Offline 160606

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 21:00:26 PM »
Listening to Talk Sport this evening on the way home from work it seems that this prime Capital real estate is being rented to them for  a one off payment of 5 million and they will have it on a 99 year lease.  They are going to sell the old ground, suggestions say they will get over 100 million for it, how is this a fair and level playing field for the other teams in the premiership to try and compete with.  Added to this one has to ask when it is sold and debts of about 60 million are paid off as they say that is what is owing,  what will happen to the remainder of the money from the sale go???  Seems very unfair when teams are given grounds whilst others have to mortgage themselves to the hilt to get an a decent place to play.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 21:39:04 PM »
West ham currently have debts of £70 million,they are paying £15 million towards the funding of the project and rent of £2 million pa.They will be left with enough money to buy???????????? no one any good!! :D

Offline badger

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 21:57:28 PM »

Think back a while when the talk was about Chelski possibly moving to the Battersea power station site ,how much would Stamford Bridge be worth as prime real estate ? At least the  Olympic site will get used,I pass it daily and it looks pretty run down already  :(

Offline badger

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 22:12:53 PM »
West ham currently have debts of £70 million,they are paying £15 million towards the funding of the project and rent of £2 million pa.They will be left with enhttp://calis-beach.co.uk/forum/Themes/superblue/images/bbc/orderlist.gifough money to buy???????????? no one any good!!
[quote

Big Sam just phoned me and said Mr Messi is coming- along with Mr Bump and Mr Hopeful   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf