Author Topic: West am innit!  (Read 2123 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: West am innit!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 22:24:43 PM »
Well as a supporter I miss the real football match buzz you used to get at Highbury, particularly for evening games.  Yes I know the Emirates looks good, seats in style another 20k supporters but I think it is sterile, and is more about corporate support than real old school football supporters.  So my view - aside from any financial benefit they may gain from the move - is that West Ham should stay where they are.  Ignoring the fact that they will struggle fill the stadium, well unless they are going to get back in touch with the locals for support, rather than the supporters pouring in from all points Essex.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »
They have also said a hundreed thousand free tickets to be issued to children over the season karen brady is not silly she knows she can make money from burgers, drinks,flages,  ect,someting they have never been able to do from selling players, which has just been enough to keep them going over the years

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 15:25:10 PM »
Surely this is not the same Newham Council in London where homeless families are forced to live in their cars, BUT can still 'buy', ( yeah, right), the Olympic Stadium??  Methinks it will be sooner rather than later, that we shall discover who all the back-handers have been given to !! Priorities please !!  >:( >:(

Offline grahamturner09

West am innit!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 20:06:09 PM »

Think back a while when the talk was about Chelski possibly moving to the Battersea power station site ,how much would Stamford Bridge be worth as prime real estate ? At least the  Olympic site will get used,I pass it daily and it looks pretty run down already  :(

I pass it every day I wouldn't say run down. There is a lot of work going on post Olympics it isn't nearly finished at the moment

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf