Author Topic: excursions.  (Read 2471 times)

Offline cassie5

• Newly Registered
excursions.
« on: April 08, 2019, 14:27:28 PM »
hi can anyone recommend any excursions that they have been on. we are arriving on the 10th-24th june we fancy some with intersky 
travel in calis which include

1.MYRA,ST NICHOLAS,AND KEKOVA.
          2.KAYAKOY.
          3.KAS,KALKAN,KAPUTUS BEACH.
         4.TLOS/SAKLIKENT.
         5.GOCEK MARKET BOAT TRIP.

IF ANYONE HAS BEEN TO ANY OF THESE PLACES, WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THEM AND ANY INFO WOULD BE MORE THAN APPRECIATED.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: excursions.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 17:40:25 PM »
Definitely all the first 4 if you have an interest in history. If it had to be just one, probably Tlos/Saklikent for me  :)

Gocek is nice but I wouldn't worry about not going - the boat trip will be nice but the market is no different to Calis Sunday market (except everything is more expensive.

If you want a fun day out I can't recommend this nutcase enough: https://animalexcursions.co.uk/ - no agent needed just book on the website.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 20:09:33 PM »
Don't pay anyone to take you to Kayakoy. Just catch a dolmus from behind the mosque in Fethiye. That way you can spend as little or as much time there as you want. Avoid Tuesday afternoons as that's when all the tours go up there after they've been to the market in the morning.

Offline WendyA

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 18:15:57 PM »
And lots of great places to eat in Kayakoy.

Offline pstevens

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 20:56:15 PM »
Hi cassie5
I can recomend sugarboat for any boat trips you may consider i know the captain sukru budak is planning shopping to gocek and night time cruises from fethiye as well as his daytime boat trips to the many bays around fethiye tte food served is fantastic and you we not be dissapointed you can also rent privatlely with him if you wish he is number 1 on trip advisor

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 00:07:04 AM »
I am totally biased (for very good reasons) but I totally agree with pstevens regarding sugar boat and Sukru.

Not the cheapest but a superb day out.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 10:05:26 AM »
I hope a certain JB doesn’t read that

:)

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 11:37:42 AM »
We usually make or own way to places ( We did the trips when we first went in the 1990s but half of the trips were hard sell visits to carpets shops and jewelers on the way, most probably don't do that anymore it was 20 odd years ago  )

for Kayakoy the dolmus is a must

Dalyan is well worth a visit, we usually go on the bus and stop over a night, Last year we went with 2 friends in a taxi  around £30 from Oludeniz , as there were 4 of us it worked out cheaper than the bus. and you are not tied to a schedule.

We are thinking of doing one of animals trips when we take family over in May, as we have seen him out and about and he does put on a show.

Tlos Saklikent very good
Patara the beach and the roman ruins are worth a visit , when we last went we stopped off at the ruins at Pinara also well worth seeing.

Offline IanK

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 13:03:10 PM »
If you are happy to drive, just hire a car for a couple of days and you can visit all these places on your own timetable.

From my experience, driving in this part of Turkey is very easy and nothing to worry about.

Ian

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 13:25:21 PM »
I would like to add Patara beach andDalyan.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf