Author Topic: Çalış 2019  (Read 4465 times)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Çalış 2019
« on: September 07, 2019, 08:32:03 AM »
  Arrived home from Çalış on Monday (seems like longer) and already looking forward to 2020!
Our first week was a mixture of work & pleasure as we didn't go last year so had a few things to sort out in our Apartment, bit of painting, shopping for blinds, washing lounge rug etc : :) We also set up rentals with the lovely Olga who we're looking forward to working with.  :) We did manage to eat out quite a bit this time and tried a few new places nearer our Apartment rather than the usual prom. Gustorante twice, really enjoyed our meals, friendly staff, chilled music, nice seating. Babzen kebab 3 times, breakfast once (although we much preferred the evening meals) nice staff, music, (i do like background music) comfortable seating. Dünya pide four times, best pide we've tasted and that's from my Turkish hubby who is a pide critic! The soup place on Baris Manço (Can't remember name) we only visited once and didn't enjoy much. Maybe it was our meal which was too salty for me but it does seem popular for soups. Gunislik (Frank's) which was very nice although there was a guy there the night we went who was teasing Frank, every time he was picking rubbish up off the floor the guy was throwing more rubbish. Frank was smiling but it did look to me like he was a little fed up. Just thought it went a bit too far (although I wouldn't be throwing rubbish on the floor anyway) with the teasing and I did think it a bit disrespectful. Our neighbour took us for a lovely meal to the Mangal in Üzümlü, nice barbecue, garden setting, relaxed, cooler! Take a cardigan for evening as it was about 5° lower than Çalış which was great.
Rhodes day trip, didn't enjoy the boat but I wasn't sick as I took tablet's and didn't move out of my seat the whole two hour journey. Lovely town but so hot i would prefer to visit in the earlier months to walk around and see a lot more. We did have a lovely meal there but got fed up of the constant hassle from restaurants, bars trying to pull you in. By 3pm we were ready for Çalış :D Definitely worth a visit though.
We visited Kayaköy which we loved and would like to go again to see more as we didn't cover all.
We did notice the price increases compared to our last visit in 2017 but still most places good value.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Re: Çalış 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 12:45:42 PM »
Great review

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 16:56:18 PM »
Fab review Rana, thanks.

Is Dunya Pide in the road we knew as the Sunday market road? I must continue my search for the World’s greatest pide  :)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 18:28:11 PM »
Keith I think Dunya is the old Meri Bar,next to the patisserie Huner

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 18:47:16 PM »
Ah right thanks Steve

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 19:06:02 PM »
Your old stomping ground that area Keith

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 20:25:26 PM »
Thanks Steve yes it is, also next to burger 24 Mustafa Kemal BLV. You have to get there before 8pm as it gets busy. We ended up with a take away one night as we were late.   ;)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 20:30:42 PM »
Yeah I’ve been a few times usually for lunch

Offline buzz58

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 23:07:38 PM »
Sounds like you  packed an lot into your  holiday,  I also can't wait  till  next year.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 23:16:01 PM »
Buzz58 I forgot to mention a haircut, pedicure and a trip to Holident to have a filling replaced.  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf