Author Topic: Spurs sack manager  (Read 4116 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Spurs sack manager
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 22:48:42 PM »
Hope Watford go down. They are just an Italian team in disguise!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 01:51:10 AM »
Spurs have a tradition for playing attractive football and think results combined with the style of play had a lot to do with it - Harry was the best they have had for ages.

Talking of Harry - I heard him interviewed on Talksport when his book came out and the 2 stories he told about Stuart Pierce were hilarious:

1) Di Canio catching the ball at West Ham

"I had to give an interview straight after the game with the reporter saying things like - what a magnificent gesture - little did they know when we got in the changing room after the game I had to force Piercy to stop him from throttling him as he was going around saying "where is ee - let me get him - I want him"

2) Pierce plays semi final with broken foot

Too long a story but basically - he picks up a serious injury week before semi. All week physio says no chance - Stuart keeps saying "don't pick the team yet boss give me the week"
Training session day before the game - 50/50 ball - the other player ends up in the air.

Stuart is picked - bandaged up - injected before and at half time.
Gets "man of the match" although The Hammers lose - they then confirm he has 2 broken bones in his foot!

Say what you like - they don't make em like that anymore :-)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 07:37:36 AM »
I think he should have been given more time. Also I suspect that hes been sacked because of the poor performance of their signings, in which case Franco Baldini and Levy himself should come under the microscope. 

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 11:46:27 AM »
Football club blows stupid amount of money shock.

More concerned that Fethiyespor are in the relegation zone.

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »
Rednapp apparently wants Tim Sherwood as their manger. Bookies say Capello is favourite though.
I just want to see them lose 5 nil again.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 13:21:01 PM »
i think its more of a case that AVB was not going to be sacked yesterday but needed to convince Levi  he had a plan in place to stop the goals going in one end and start them going in the other end.

My believe is  when questioned why the player (Adi) with the highest wage bill had not started a game this season after he had sanctioned his move from city permanent and our best & most experianced left back last season(benni ) had been sent  out on loan  to QPR, it  turned out to be  personal and not football related and AvB was not prepeared to call Benni back  and loose face, or play Adi after he put him to train with the youth team,instead he played centre half’s at left back (jv) a  holding midfield player (ec) at centre half and when injuries kicked in he looked at the inexperience of Rose and Naughton to get him out of a hole as for the front men  he  kept playing one up front rotating europe and prem games between only two of them 

I dont like everyone who works for me but  im not going to let my head rule my heart and get Rid for someone else to benefit, Personalities dont come into it

To  sum up AVB is a stubborn sod who has a brilliant  football brain but not the Man Management skills to go with it  he never learnt from his mistakes at Chelsea

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 14:19:19 PM »
Now I know I should not laugh, no no honest I am not laughing, hold on while I pull myself together....... AVB had previous at Chelski, disappointing set of results and he had kissed off most of the non playing staff with his arrogant high handed manner.  So ideal material for Manager of the Spuds then.

Levy appoints AVB, but takes no blame in the sacking of him???  And the Director of Football who was responsible for buying at least three of the players who haven't performed, will he take his share of the blame, along with AVB, the Players and Levy  ........ I think not.  Time for a really big clear out down the lane.

And one final note, the best manager they have had in recent years was George Graham, and he was sacked in the most disgraceful of circumstances, even though he had won a cup for them - yer I know it was only the Milky Coca League Cup - the fans never fancied him, nor gave him a chance, they just couldn't stand the fact that he had come from Arsenal.

Wenger Out ..... oooohps wrong North London team.

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 16:06:42 PM »
I agree Usedbuckets
AVB had the best win % of any Spurs manager in the Premier league era. Levy as sacked 9 managers. Maybe its time that Levy went.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 21:43:18 PM »
Spurs have a tradition for playing attractive football and think results combined with the style of play had a lot to do with it - Harry was the best they have had for ages.

Talking of Harry - I heard him interviewed on Talksport when his book came out and the 2 stories he told about Stuart Pierce were hilarious:

1) Di Canio catching the ball at West Ham

"I had to give an interview straight after the game with the reporter saying things like - what a magnificent gesture - little did they know when we got in the changing room after the game I had to force Piercy to stop him from throttling him as he was going around saying "where is ee - let me get him - I want him"

2) Pierce plays semi final with broken foot

Too long a story but basically - he picks up a serious injury week before semi. All week physio says no chance - Stuart keeps saying "don't pick the team yet boss give me the week"
Training session day before the game - 50/50 ball - the other player ends up in the air.

Stuart is picked - bandaged up - injected before and at half time.
Gets "man of the match" although The Hammers lose - they then confirm he has 2 broken bones in his foot!

Say what you like - they don't make em like that anymore :-)

Ian - I'm not sure if I read this in Physco's book or it was just some banter but when SP broke his leg at the Hammers the club doctor phoned Mrs P and informed her Stuart had broken a leg at todays game , she replied ' Oh dear, how sad for the other player   :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 21:49:32 PM »
Brilliant badge - made me chuckle  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf