Author Topic: David Moyes  (Read 8417 times)

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
Re: David Moyes
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 09:36:07 AM »
Moral Values and Ryan Giggs now that sounds interesting   :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 10:11:10 AM »
They can have the Leeds manager - pleeeeease!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 10:25:34 AM »
Louis Van Gal is favourite, personally I would like to see fat Sam be given the chance ;D

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2014, 10:32:02 AM »
As I said when I opened the topic in January, he did nothing for everton and definitely the wrong choice for man utd, he inherited a championship squad who won it by 11points. don't know why they didn't wait till the end of the season to sack him though, only 3 games left, they,re out of champions league for next year and its not as though they are going to be relegated.  PS- nice one from engineeerdave on moral values. only need to bring in John Terry as Giggs assistant now, would love to hear the team talk there.    ;)  :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »
In some respects I am sorry to see him go, but not a great surprise, but many in the Man U squad of players have got to take their, not insignificant, share of the blame of what has consituted failure this year for Man U.  So what does constitute failure here, probably not qualifying for the Champions League.

Apparently Man U have already been talking to other potential replacement managers, or at least sounding people out on a what if basis.  Sounds classless move to me, but if you want to continue as a big club then this is how ruthless you need to be.

The Moyes situation, and arguably at Liverpool with their managerial woes over the post Benitez years, does beg the question though, how come Arsene Wenger has been so lucky in avoiding the tin tack over the last 7-8 years?  Mind you judging by the Guardian today he is now starting to be focussed in the football press as a potential sacking.

'Meanwhile Arsene Wenger cruises along at Arsenal, another huge contract signing no doubt imminent. Maybe he should take some time to reflect on his fortune at finding himself at a club like Arsenal rather than a genuinely big one, as this is the sort of judgement he would have been subject to.'

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »
Never mind Terry - just make Rooney number 2. His moral values will fit in well with Giggs  :)

Moyse was always on a hiding to nothing - as was any manager following Fergie. It's taken years for Liverpool to find someone to win the title (if he actually does it this season) and we at Leeds are still looking for our own 'Revie'. Wilko gave us the last every First Division title but could not continue to inprove the team for some reason. Maybe selling Cantona was the reason we declined anf Manu improved? Who knows.

The massive problem they have is finding someone who is strong enough to manage the expectations of the fans and media as well as identify the players who are strong enough to play for such a big club. In our own way it's the same at Leeds - the players have to be strong enough to play in front of such demanding suporters and unfortunatley we don't have enough of them at the club.

I see Manu struggling for the next 3 - 4 years even if they do find the right man. There is a big re-building job required and whoever goes in has got to be strong enough to sell some of the top earners and bring in hungry players who will 'die for the shirt'. I'm also struggling to name any youngters coming throughthe Manu accademy this season. Anyone?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »
"Maybe he should take some time to reflect on his fortune at finding himself at a club like Arsenal rather than a genuinely big one"

I realize now why I don't read the Guardian! What tosh saying that Arsenal are not a genuinely big club!

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2014, 15:36:22 PM »
Stoop your right Arsenal are a big club, but in the last few years we have not delivered the results/trophies you would expect from a big club.

I think you may also be right on the rebuild project for united taking 3-4 years, part of which will be to clear out some of their current players, in order, in part, to bring in or rather attract the sort of winning mentality players United have always seemed to have had under Ferguson.

And honestly I really do not like to intrude into the grief of the ManU supporters at the moment  ;D ;D no no I do not ;D ;D ;D  ;)

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 15:58:52 PM »
Apparently Giggs doesn't want the job full time as he wants to spend more time with his Brothers family

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2014, 16:41:23 PM »
Naughty Strange, bit off topic I would say. :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf