Author Topic: Fethiyespor match  (Read 3805 times)

Offline hornedfrog

Fethiyespor match
« on: October 12, 2019, 16:46:44 PM »
Hello, all.
I'm bringing my 16yo son and two of his friends out on 26 this month and noticed there's a Fethiyespor match on at the local stadium. Anybody have some advice on whether we should give it a go? What's it like to get tickets (walk up?) and what's the crowd like? Safe? Friendly? Not worth the effort?

Any advice is greatly appreciated and if you're up for meeting up at the match, let me know.
Dale

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Fethiyespor match
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 19:41:03 PM »
I have never been so I cannot really comment but....

You ask if it would be safe/friendly - I am fairly sure that it won't be like fenerbahce v galatasaray  :).

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 20:15:03 PM »
Have a chat with Brian Lloyd through his Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/brianthegardener

He's a resident of Ovacik, a regular attendee at Fethiye Spor games and also does the match reports for Fethiye Times.

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 08:13:42 AM »
Thanks @Highlander and @KKOB...every little helps!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 10:24:27 AM »
My husband went to their last home game whilst we were there
Got a ticket no problem from the kiosk outside the stadium
He said, rubbish football but the best supporters he'd seen anywhere.  Said he'd more fun watching the supporters than the match. He thoroughly enjoyed it

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 10:49:05 AM »
Friends go to quite a few of the home matches. They always rock up on the day for tickets & have never mentioned any crowd issues

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 11:01:27 AM »
Thanks, @Anne and @Liz101...my son's two friends have never been to Turkey and I've never been to a local match but have seen the immediate post-match revelry throughout Fethiye centre (cars, flags, music, etc.) so looked interesting but the boys' parents are slightly worried because of historical Galatasaray v England scuffles (if that makes sense). We're all more rugby than footie so understand the crowds tend to be different...

Thanks again. I'll put it to the boys and make a decision on the day.
Dale

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 22:01:07 PM »
Give it a go it’s something new me and the wife have been on numerous occasions and never had a problem

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 19:20:19 PM »
Give it a go it’s something new me and the wife have been on numerous occasions and never had a problem

Thanks @trainer.
We've decided to go and I'm looking forward to it...plus, I've heard you can get a cracking köfte ekmek on the grounds, so that's reason enough!

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 10:16:16 AM »
I  have watched Fethiyespor several times over the last 10 years ... and yes, the football has been  rubbish on most occasions.... and I  watch lower league football regularly when I  am back in the UK.... and yes.. watching and listening to the animated and sometimes volatile turkish fans is generally more entertaining than the football
Only once did I experience / witness  any violance outside the stadium
But all UK visitors to the lovely Fethiye   who like watching english football at any level, should visit the stadium for at least one match, just to view the differences and compare....
The turkish national anthem is played before kick off, and at that moment everyone including any UK  visitors   treat it with respect

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf