Author Topic: Online checkin  (Read 3954 times)

Offline newcastle

Online checkin
« on: July 28, 2014, 11:40:36 AM »
Have checked in online with Easy Jet so when we get to Bristol Airport it is bag drop then through to security. We fly back to Bristol from Dalaman. Do they have the same system or as I suspect does everyone have to join the check in queue?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Online checkin
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:15:58 PM »
Yes and yes.

JF

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 13:52:05 PM »
Yes you can check in online & even print your boarding card but there is no point in printing the boarding card really as there is no bag drop and you still have to queue up to check your bag in and they wll then print out another boarding for you.

When I flew over to the Uk in April with hand luggage only, I didn't know that you had to line up as well and went straight through security into departures.

When they scanned the boarding card I had printed as I went to board, all the alarm bells & lights went into overdrive!  8)

Offline newcastle

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 16:41:01 PM »
John F and Hamlet, many thanks for the replies. Thought that would be the case, but, your confirmation is appreciated.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 16:53:54 PM »
We came out when they first started online check in at Dalaman (April 13?) and it worked then (I know it doesn't now). It was incredible, through the first security, walk to passport control, go to gate, relax. Fabulous.

There's no way the authorities at Dalaman were going to leave it pleasant for travellers.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 20:33:59 PM »
We booked in online with Monarch for both outbound and inbound flights, we sailed through at Luton, I must admit I expected to join the massive queue at Dalaman on way back, but no there was a dedicated desk for on-line and we went straight through.  Well done Monarch!!.  One thing I didn't realise is that you can book your return on-line a few days before you leave the UK, as long as you are only going for a few weeks.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:09:30 AM »
We came out when they first started online check in at Dalaman (April 13?) and it worked then (I know it doesn't now). It was incredible, through the first security, walk to passport control, go to gate, relax. Fabulous.

There's no way the authorities at Dalaman were going to leave it pleasant for travellers.

Scunner, you are right, it did work ok last year, I seem to remember you commented on it then, I also sailed through no problem that month and so didn't give it a thought this year.

Someone needs to get EJ & the airport authorities together and sort it out.

Offline IanK

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 12:55:30 PM »
With EJ - it DOES work now - or it certainly did in June.

With only hand luggage, we just went straight to security with our boarding cards printed online and then on to the gate etc.

I vaguely recall that they had a card version of our boarding card at the gate and just gave us the stub of that when we went through. No fuss though.

Ian

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 13:07:16 PM »
With EJ - it DOES work now - or it certainly did in June.

Agree.  Less then 15mins from first security to Airside, and that included using the bag drop.  Admittedly, this was early evening (EJ to EDI) so don't know what it'll be like during peak periods.

JF

Offline milorni

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 16:31:25 PM »
I tend to fly with Easyjet regularly and this year they have changed the instructions on the boarding passes for Dalaman if you check in online. It now states that you can go straight to security thereby avoiding the check-in queues. My mother flew back in July and was able to do this and my passes for August tell me to go through, previously it always told you to queue first to get the passes stamped.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf