Author Topic: Boat trip to gocek  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Boat trip to gocek
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 22:11:25 PM »
You can easily get to Kalkan and Kas from the bus station in Fethiye. We really loved our visits to Kas - Kalkan is beautiful but you need to be fit as it's extremely steep!!

Offline Madbaz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 22:28:20 PM »
That's me in trouble then ha ha. Is there a bar half way up

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 22:35:23 PM »
You need more than a bar, you need one long leg and one short leg :D

My ex-boss came over to see us as he was staying in Kalkan on holiday. He said it was nearly killing him - and he is a super fit kick boxing instructor - so no hope for me!!!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 08:24:35 AM »
I know that the market is nothing to write home about but the boat trip is very enjoyable and reasonably priced and there  are some very good restaurants by the water. I know that friends of mine visit Gocek this way and top up their wine cellar from the very good boat victualler in the harbour. Mind you, you have a pretty fair chance of bumping into Scunner's mates Boris and Dave who often holiday there ! Can't have it a all.   :)

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 09:01:07 AM »
I've visited Gocek several times and enjoyed it, it's got some lovely little boutiques along the Main Street, and one or two nice bars. But... Half a day is plenty! The market is disappointing, don't bother. The boat trips are ideal really because you can enjoy the journey, and have a couple of hours in Gocek, any longer and you would be bored. So don't rule it out, but don't go with high expectations either, it's also a bit expensive, I suppose that's because they cater for the yachting fraternity !

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 09:08:50 AM »
The streets down to the Harbour in Kalkan are steep.  I always wear flat shoes with backs on them as with flip flop they slip off your feet walking down to the harbour.  It's a lovey place very picturesque and we love lunch at the harbour restaurants,the views there a really beautiful.  It's quite upmarket and more expensive than Calis. Lots of expensive yachts docked in the harbour. 
Daniel Craig came back to Turkey for a holiday after he filmed Skyfall and he took a villa at Kalkan.
IMHO worth a visit. No comparison to Gocek, Kalkan wins hands down.  If there is a Mrs Booty, some really nice shops in Kalkan.  I have never found a shop I liked in Gocek.

Offline angela

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 13:27:20 PM »
Kas is lovely, its a couple of hours on the bus, but at 16tl each its a bargain. The coastal drive between Kalkan and Kas is beautiful. It's much more Turkish than Kalkan, there are  bars beyond the harbour who all have sunbeds on wooden decks overlooking the rocks, which are free as long as you are buying drinks, as usual, and they are a lovely way of spending a few hours. The harbour and the town itself are very pretty, especially at night, and its much less precipitous than Kalkan for walking around.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 15:47:49 PM »
We prefer Kas to Kalkan, it's one of our special places and we always go for a couple of nights when we are in Fethiye for holidays. It's less boutiquey and I agree Angela, it's definitely more Turkish. We always just walk in to a Pansyon on the front (see photo) and never pay more than £30-£40 per night for a front - sea facing room. (B&B)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf