Author Topic: Any one tell me what they have built?  (Read 4635 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Any one tell me what they have built?
« on: March 14, 2011, 10:44:32 AM »
When we was over before xmas we noticed that they had levelled the buildings where they sold bedspreads and othe rgoods and hung them out down over the walls.  I think I am right in saying the site is opposite the Lemon Tree.  Well saying that it had all been levelled is not quite correct as the little car hire office remained in tact - a most strange sight.

Anyway, I was wondering what they are, or are intending, to build on the site.  Is it more retail units, or something more interesting?

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:13:21 AM »
They,ve now built new shops there, shame as they were really quaint, looks more like Blackpool, but hotter than ever

Offline milliemars

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 15:30:18 PM »
Car Hire shop now gone and as Ovaciksarah has said more shops,with apartments above,I also think it,s a shame would like to have seen the little house renovated in keeping with how it once was.Oh well times they are a changing as the song goes.What bets being taken as to what the shops are going to be.Jewellers,fake watches/bags.I do hope the lady that had the bedding has one of the shops,some of the things she sold was nice. :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 15:32:06 PM by milliemars »

Offline Harmless

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 17:11:24 PM »
The little car hire shop is moving, the rents of the new shops are very high, so it will not be there

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 16:08:41 PM »
Thanks for the update everyone.  Your reports were much as I expected to have happened, boring retail units with no character or local feel selling products that you can pick up at any of a dozen similar outlets!!

Offline DrapeS

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 14:42:53 PM »
Does anyone know where the car hire shop (Canon) has moved to?

Offline Harmless

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 17:49:23 PM »
he only signed a lease yesterday but it is next to the new Carrefour in Hisaronu.  (in Lycian Centre.)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 22:11:18 PM »
Was very sad last week to see where they have built the row of new shops.....the area behind the old gate that used to be there was once a bar called the Nazar Bar....I have many happy memories of sitting there with my parents back in 1994 around an open fire. I always walked past the derelict area and remembered our times there fondly over the past few years, and was saddened to see that this last litte remaining bit of the old Hisaronu is now gone forever. Had hoped it would maybe open up as a little outdoor bar again one day, but sadly not meant to be.

Offline carlan

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 10:46:11 AM »
Dear Lord, when are they going to stop???? I have such fond memories of a delightful rustic hamlet, it's all so very sad to see what they have done to it!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf