Author Topic: Music to Leave By  (Read 7381 times)

Offline Carolyn1957

Music to Leave By
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 16:51:24 PM »
"My Way" but sung by Shane Macgowan of the Pogues at his drunken "up yours" best!

Offline CAROL BROWNE

Music to Leave By
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 17:04:36 PM »
simply the best for me sung by tina turner of course. very loud as well

Offline marina

Music to Leave By
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 18:05:58 PM »
Who Wants to Live Forever - Queen

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Music to Leave By
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 18:18:21 PM »
I am really impressed by these answers. A lot of you seem to have thought of this already and have a firm decision. I don't know whether I am surpised that no-one has gone for My Way except for one person who has gone for an alternative (possibly an ironic, post-modern) version. Perhaps that is because CBF members are just too interesting - including one who is so "interesting" that he might consider getting psychiatric help for the condition.

I have never really considered it; perhaps I should. I am not sure how to start this. Perhaps I should follow Peter Seller's lead - who specified Glenn Miller's "In the Mood" apparently because he hated it so much that in having it played after his death he could share a final joke with his family and friends. If I did this I should surely pick Sinatra's "My Way" which I totally detest. Or since I am determined to be cremated perhaps I could go with J. L. Lewis' "Great Balls of Fire" - but that might be a bit coarse, not to mention egotistical. I might choose Bristol Rover's theme song, for no other reason than it would irritate my brother who is a Bristol City fan. But perhaps that song, written in prison by a man convicted of murder, and which may - possibly - be about that man killing his wife, wouldn't be the most decorous.  In equally sombre mood it might be "St. James Infirmary" (the Snooks Eaglin version) that Hilary says is the most miserable song ever written and which I am absolutely forbidden to sing in a public house ever again. I toyed with the idea of making it Cab Callaway's "I'll Be Glad When You're Dead You Rascal You" - but since I hope to die at an improbably old age my "rascal" would likely have been long dead.

So, in pondering this important issue, I'll take your replies into consideration ... except for one - get help man whilst there is still time.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 18:22:39 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Music to Leave By
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 18:44:00 PM »
I was at a funeral on Monday and they played "The Carnival is Over" by the seekers. Not a dry eye in the church
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nze8B39OB0k

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Music to Leave By
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 19:16:04 PM »
Going Home - The Theme from Local Hero. Dire Straits Live in Sydney 1986 and to include the audience reaction at the end of the performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ16mye0QOU
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 19:45:23 PM by KKOB »

Offline Julesp

Music to Leave By
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 19:30:41 PM »
At my husbands funeral I played Those were The Days Of Our Lives by Queen

But as the curtains closed I chose Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple, mainly because Deep Purple were his favourite group and he was always playing them, I used to threaten to play them at his funeral one day, and I did! It lightened the mood amongst his friends anyway, as theyed heard me say it so often!

I want Creep by Radiohead, though Im sure I wont be that bothered when the time comes!

Offline janmack

Music to Leave By
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 19:49:08 PM »
The Pretender by the wonderful Jackson Browne.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Music to Leave By
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 19:51:37 PM »
I might choose No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley - just to make sure she cries  ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Music to Leave By
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 20:12:51 PM »
go on to You Tube Music and tap in Colwyns Playlist if you want to see his choice :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf