Author Topic: What is the best concert you have been to?  (Read 5219 times)

Offline thebillet

Re: What is the best concert you have been to?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 11:02:51 AM »
Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen at The Stoneground Manchester 1973. Quite like their Live album from Texas, worth a listen.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 15:06:50 PM »

Three good concerts I attended were with tickets purchased on the day, I used to ring the Ticket Office on the morning.

I got front row for a Chuck Berry / Little Richard concert at Brums NEC Arena. Front row for a Hollies concert at Brums Symphony

Hall, and fifth row for a McCartney concert at Brums NIA.Macca's brother was four seats to my left and Sir George Martin was

directly behind me. Macca was brilliant. At the Chuck Berry show five seats to my right were empty and at the interval I saw

four relatives up in the stands, called them down and they spent the second half in the front row, centre stage.

I bought tickets from a free newspaper on the day and saw a good Wings show in Brum.  Well worth a few phone calls.     ;)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 20:32:11 PM »
Celine Dion, Take that...shhhh  :D but first place has to go to Michael Jackson.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2018, 22:38:33 PM »
Live Aid 13 July 1985 -absolutley amazing, followed closely by Queen and Status Quo, St James Park - 9th July 1986.  Best special effects ever was Take That Circus Tour 2009.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf