Author Topic: hotel in the hillside?  (Read 2867 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
hotel in the hillside?
« on: March 29, 2007, 21:22:39 PM »
I was looking through the Hidden Escapes brochure last night and saw a beautiful hotel (Morrocan in style) tucked away into the hillside on the road up and out of Olu Deniz (the road with the Dolphin restaurant on it).  Does anyone know if this hotel is open to the public as a restaurant? Itlooked absolutely beautiful....

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
hotel in the hillside?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 21:36:58 PM »
Sue If I am reading right it is the old Dolphin restuarant

This new exclusive hotel (opening in May 2007) has been heavily influenced by the Morrocan Rhiads, and is secretly hidden behind thick walls.

Gates open onto an ‘oasis-like' private paradise with spacious garden terraces tumbling down the steep hillside affording staggering sea views from every conceivable vantage point. The feeling of exclusivity and privacy is enhanced by the seven contemporary rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and huge terraces taking full advantage of the idyllic location.

Beyaz Yunuz (meaning ‘White Dolphin') is one of Turkey's best-reputed fish restaurants. Its reputation has been earned over many years, and results from a combination of superb cuisine and its idyllic location looking directly over the most famous beach in Turkey at Ölü Deniz. Beyaz Yunuz has now been relocated to the beautiful and remote island of Kizil Ada to make way for our fabulous new and very exclusive boutique escape: Oyster Residence Beyaz Yunuz.

The ‘Oyster Residence' hotels are owned by Mehmet, and they are a result of his quest to present his country in a manner never previously attempted, and to attract guests that might not have looked to Turkey for this style and quality of holiday. Mehmet is keen to create interesting and unusual concepts, and each of his properties (he currently owns three) differs significantly - but the common theme is simply to offer a truly unique environment with excellent personal service for a small number of guests.

These aims and philosophies coincide perfectly with our own, and we are both proud and delighted to feature the extraordinary Oyster Residence Faralya and the brand-new and utterly breathtaking Oyster Residence Beyaz Yunuz exclusively within our programme.

What both our Oyster Residence properties do have in common is their quite superb locations. The ‘safari-like' Faralya is set in a remote forest clearing directly on the water's edge, while the more sophisticated Beyaz Yunuz enjoys the most glorious setting immediately above the famous beach of Ölü Deniz, with views across the bay that are amongst the best in Turkey!

Oyster Residence Beyaz Yunuz has been heavily influenced by the Morrocan Rhiads, and is secretly hidden behind thick walls with the entrance restricted to private key-holders only. Gates open onto an ‘oasis-like' private paradise with spacious garden terraces tumbling down the steep hillside affording staggering sea views from every conceivable vantage point.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
hotel in the hillside?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:36:21 AM »
Really interesting Heather. There was an article in one of the Sundays a few weeks ago and it sounds like the guests at the hotel have exclusive use of the Resteraunt one night a week .
I was very impressed with the residences down on the beach so I can imagine the new place is fantastic. Its just a shame that we cant go for cocktails at the Beyaz Yunuz anymore it's got to have one of the most specatular views from the bar terrace of anywhere especially at sunset!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
hotel in the hillside?
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 08:40:37 AM »
Yes, the Oyster REsidence on the beach is beautiful. I would love to know if it is possible to visit this new one for a meal, or if you have to be resident. Any info appreciated.

Offline marianne

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 15:05:40 PM »
I know the owner Mehmet.  No it wont be open to the public.  It has been a restaurant for many years and that was called the White Dolphin, that has now been moved to Red Island in Fethiye Bay, accesible only by boat.   The new hotel is exclusive to Exclusive Escapes.  There are 6 suites and one villa with private pool.  Only way to get in there is to stay there !!
Oyster Residences has two branches - the one on the Olu seafront which is open to the public for lunch and dinner.  The other one is hidden away in Faralya, again, exclusive to Exclusive Escapes.  Check out their website for more info re staying there.....so fab !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf