Author Topic: B52  (Read 13861 times)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
B52
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 20:15:08 PM »
You're quite right Nikos.  Everyone has a right to thier opinion.  And I agree that the cocktails aren't quite the same as you'd get here.  However, the service is good and the boys are very pleasant, kind and not sleazy.

Offline doll

B52
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 11:16:13 AM »
the glasses are small compared to everwhere else
and seviorum you do go on about your fav bars etc
try to be more imparshell as you are a mod on the forum

Offline tan n dame

• Leeds, UK
B52
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 15:40:28 PM »
sevi you always go on about how good a bar it is, i'm wondering why you always "promote" this bar as being so good[?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
B52
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 16:42:25 PM »
She does, but does it matter???  No!

Offline maybe

B52
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 17:04:40 PM »
Yes, Rach does tend to rate B52 and she has her reasons.  I rate my own place for my own reasons.  It's a public forum for you to express your opinions.  
From what I've read here there was an incident which left some people feeling ripped off.  Personally, B52 isn't my scene (too old?) but from what I've seen and heard of the place it does do very well from returning trade so I doubt very much that they are actively ripping off the tourists - it's just not worth the effort.  Mistakes do happen.  I suggest that those who feel ripped off rest easy in the fact that they've drawn their experience to the attention of others and leave it there.  For other people - visit, decide for yourself whether you like the staff/drinks/music/? and go from there.  I think the comment from Nikos is one of the best here - you can have a good night at the same place that disappointed you the night before - same can be said in the UK.  I think anyone deserves a second chance if they deal with an incident well in the first place.  
B

Offline Neisha

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 18:54:02 PM »
[?]Puma - not sure what i referred to [?][?]

Ive never really been in B52 so cant and wont comment on it. I know people that like it and people that dont - The only reason ive never really been there is that i tend to use other bars that are open at the same time!!! And i know that i like those  :)

From what i hear B52 is better this year than previous - whatever that means?!!

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
B52
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 19:11:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Elsa Padfield

She does, but does it matter???  No!

Actually yes it does. She should be impartial as a moderator and not get involved in slanging matches.

Offline SEVIYORUM

B52
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 11:41:04 AM »
I do not just promote B52 as being 'so good' I have talked about Scarlett, Bustop, Aladdins and other bars. Yes i am a moderater on this forum [:O] but that is not going to stop me from giving my opinions like i have on other bars. :D I will say what i want and how i see things and nobodys comments are going to stop me from doing that :P I understand people feel the same about their comments about B52, i was asked to speak to one of the guys to see what happened regarding 'Scam b52' i did, so i posted and then people start going off on one again..
Like Maybe said why would anybody in their right mind risk ripping people off?
For the people who have had a bill wrong or anything like that, i can imagine it must be annoying but mistakes do happen everywhere, even in England! [:o]
Now i'm guessing you all have your favourite bars and restaurants, i will look forward to reading them :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:45:11 AM by SEVIYORUM »

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
B52
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 12:25:49 PM »
ok let's  stop the bickering and use this topic for it's original purpose
Anne

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
B52
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 12:58:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

She should be impartial as a moderator

Incorrect Mr. Jukebox.

Moderators have the same right to voice opinions as anyone else.

Scunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf