Author Topic: V.A.T warning - IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!  (Read 35918 times)

Offline cenk

V.A.T warning - IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:27:42 PM »
One of our customer had a meal in a restaurant and when they want the bill , they realised that VAT (%18) was added to the bill although they were charged the prices which are written in the menu and menu prices must include the VAT .
If you see something like KDV (VAT in Turkish) added to your bill and the prices in the bill are same as menu prices , be sure they are trying to rip you off .
If they insist on saying that VAT is not included in their prices , please have a look at menu or on the walls (specially close to the place where they make the accounting) , you will see a writting "Fiyatlarimiza KDV dahildir" means VAT is included in our prices . And you can show this writting them.
Cenk

Offline sominekebap

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 12:40:39 PM »
That is bad eh Cenk.  Maliye were doing the rounds last night. Visited Tansa#351; then the Bowling Alley then us. Working their way towards Çalis I guess

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 13:18:25 PM »
 :)Thats handy to know Cenk especially when lots of people just look at the sum total on the bill, like us, I only look twice if I think its a bit too dear. ;)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 16:06:05 PM »
never had this happen to us yet, but forewarned is forearmed cheers for info

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 16:36:31 PM »
A restaurant in Gocek tried that one on us a couple of years ago, when I complained they said it was a mistake[:o)], I wonder how many mistakes they did get away with.
Two restaurants have tried to overcharge us this week:(, the first asked 10 lira for a 6 lira bill and the other 27.50 lira for a 20 lira bill :o, both places corrected the bill when the mistake was pointed out with the aid of their calculator.
We have lived here long enough to know approx how much our bill will be, but if on holiday perhaps they would have got away with it.
So check your bills everyone.
Both the restaurants are popular with forum members and its the first time we have been overcharged in either so I wont name them, but if it happens again then I will.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 18:25:07 PM »
 :)Its just not on, is it Smudge, We too have been over charged in some of the more popular restuarants, and your post has got me thinking are we that polite that we dont want to upset the applecart,Personally I dont mind giving to anyone, but I do resent it when its expected. And its not the case of they have to earn a living, we all do. I could tell a few similar stories, but I wont,
So I think you have done a good job raising this topic. ;)

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 06:24:26 AM »
All I would like to say at the moment is that we are very lucky to have Cenk as a member of this forum and to be given genuine advice by him.
Many thanks, Cenk
Pete

Offline cenk

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »
You're welcome Pete
I believe , if we stop that kind of rip off people as much as we can , it will be better for Turkey and visitors and this forum is really very useful for this.
Cenk

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 21:17:48 PM »
thanks cenk for that advice thanks for looking after us all on the cbf, but why rob the hand that feeds you.when places do this to you would you go back again NO!! so they lose business, and they wonder why

Offline tintin

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 16:43:18 PM »
I would also like to say thanks to cenk for pointing this out, I don't come onto the site very often but when i read things like this it makes me realise what a worthwhile site it is for the information we all recieve from it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf