Author Topic: Bella Mamas  (Read 7924 times)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Bella Mamas
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 16:12:28 PM »
Hi All,Because of some negatives re both Balla mamas and Casa de mamas,the wife and I tried both in the last three weeks purely as a comparison.Never been in casa de mamas before,but have used Balla mamas  quite a lot in the past.We both had different meals but both were main and sweet.Both mains were fillet steak but of different make ups.The wife prefered casa de  mamas,
 I prefered Bella mamas.However the sweets were a different story.My pancake wes superb,but her cheesecake was more like expanded creme with a lemon zest taste.It did not look like cheese cake at all.The Sevice at Bella mamas we found was more reserved but very proffesional,at casa,it was more intrusive due to at least four visits from the waiter asking if we were happy.Finally the bill broken into a per head figure, at casa de mamas,it equated to 31 lira,at bella mamas it equated to43 lira..So you make your choice and pays your money.However over the evening we felt Bella mamas had the edge  in terms of conviviality and staff attitude.Over to you all.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Bella Mamas
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 16:22:50 PM »
I did mean to add however,that the swedish steak in bella mamas was in effect four slices supposedly 10 ounces in total,as each one was  not more than 3/8 inch  on the plate I have great doubts over the uncooked weight? jon

Offline Holls.x

Bella Mamas
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 12:10:58 PM »
i had steak in here last night and it was lovely. also i recomend trying the fajitas, you get a big portion and its really nice.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Bella Mamas
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 22:26:26 PM »
Sadly we were disappointed in Bella Mamas this trip. It was quiet when we went and 4 waiters constantly circled our table. It was the only restaurant out of the 20 (lunch time too) we tried, that did not offer anything complimentary and the meal was less than average. It had been so much better back in May.

Offline june

Bella Mamas
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 12:27:27 PM »
We eat there twice over the past 2 weeks..in the evening....still one of the best by far...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bella Mamas
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 15:13:40 PM »
Stopped eating there this year since Casa De Mama opened, as they had Bella's Chefs and some of their staff there seemed little point in paying more to go to Bella's.   We thought Casa's was far better, as the food was the same as Casa's the staff where much friendlier and the price was much cheaper.
Bella's is probably the most expensive place to eat along the prom.

Offline Christie

Bella Mamas
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 16:49:01 PM »
We tried Casa de Mama and Bella Mama in September and enjoyed our meals - the steak and sauce was absolutely delicious in Bella Mama and the pasta & salmon dish also, so Bella Mama, for us, was slightly better.   We will definitely go back to both.

Offline lisa

Bella Mamas
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 13:40:45 PM »
I went with 2 girlfriends to Casa (because I had heard the chef had moved from Bella Mamma's) - we were there the first week in May. Casa was deserted. We sat down and none of us fancied anything at all on the menu.  We told the waiter and asked if he would make us some traditional turkish food. 4 chefs set to work in the kitchen (which you can see from the restaurant area) we had probably one of the tastiest meals I've had in Turkey (although not been to Mosaic Bahce...yet). They clearly didn't want to lose our custom so I was a bit worried about what we'd get but the quality of the food was exceptional - all very fresh and the flavours were good.

In all I would recommend Casa.

Lisa

Offline june

Bella Mamas
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 20:27:52 PM »
So Lisa, did you actually try bella Mama's???????[?]

Offline maximumtom

Bella Mamas
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 15:28:51 PM »
I have eaten in Bella Mama's several times and it is where I take people when they visit me. Food and service has been fine each time ( although the cola lacked a little fizz last time). I have not yet tried Casa - I tend to quit when I am winning.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf