Author Topic: Anna's Bar  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Anna's Bar
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »
Thank you, I consider myself reprimanded for not concentrating  :) To be honest, all these events on the same day are confusing the hell out of me - does the 10 lira go to the dogs home too?

Offline karenChris

Anna's Bar
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 13:08:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sugarybaba

Anne - Derek (Rusty) has gone back to UK and has no plans to return to Turkey !!!

The Rusty,s Road Show will still be going ahead every month as arranged, as well as on the 23rd December with a stand in DJ until Derek returns.

Tickets nearly sold out for the 23rd. Tickets are priced at the usual 10 TL

Chris

Offline anna-marie01

Anna's Bar
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 13:10:53 PM »
That's OK, just don't do it again  :) I believe the owner of Anna bar is donating some money from the evening as previously.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Anna's Bar
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 13:15:03 PM »
Some. Ok.

Offline anna-marie01

Anna's Bar
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 13:19:51 PM »
I don't know exactly how much they donate as I'm not involved in that side of things. If you want to know the exact amount I suggest you ask KarenChris as they are involved in the organising. I do know that he is very generous and doesn't do it for his own gain, as I know he always buys tickets for himself and his family.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Anna's Bar
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 13:25:19 PM »
KarenChris

How much will be donated as you are involved with the organising

I'm really not that interested, a pound raised is a good thing. Just seems totally ludicrous to me that you have decided to go head to head with the official charity, competing with them to raise money for the very same cause!

Surely two seperate events on different nights could have doubled the money raised for these dogs????? Isn't that the important thing with fundraising events...

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna's Bar
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 13:49:14 PM »
Just to give you an idea, he donated 45ytl Total last time, thats 1ytl from each meal, and the Efes is 4ytl.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 13:52:53 PM by tinkerman »

Offline karenChris

Anna's Bar
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 14:28:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

KarenChris

How much will be donated as you are involved with the organising

I'm really not that interested, a pound raised is a good thing. Just seems totally ludicrous to me that you have decided to go head to head with the official charity, competing with them to raise money for the very same cause!

Surely two seperate events on different nights could have doubled the money raised for these dogs????? Isn't that the important thing with fundraising events...

The do for the 23rd has been organised for over 3 months now and it only become apparant that other do,s were organised for the same day only recently.

The donations from the bar have always been 1TL from every meal ticket sold which would appeared to have been satisfactory in the past, other amounts have been raised by the raffle of various prizes donated by numerous people.

Karen and Rusty the Cat were, and, still are, the original organisers for the discos. It was decided at the time of the first disco earlier in the year that, because other charities were fairly well supported by other means, as animal lovers it would be a good thing to support the animal sanctuary as they were being somewhat left out and this was arranged through Tinkerman & co and until recently was always well received.

Karen, Rusty,s Roadshow and myself are not in any competion with other charitable organisations nor, Do We Intend To Be and are sorry if it has been construed that that is the case.

The owner of Anna Bar asked for us to organise the Disco,s in the first instance and has also asked us to organise other events which we are continuing to do.
We will continue to donate monies raised from ticket sales for charitable causes that the owner of Anna Bar agrees to.
We are not in any position to dictate prices at the bar nor the amount donated from ticket sales.

The events have always been very well attended and it must be born in mind that not everyone buys a meal ticket so although the last event was fairly full not everyone purchased a meal ticket, this is quite often the case.

Hope this clarifies some of the points raised on this and other threads.

Chris

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Anna's Bar
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 14:53:31 PM »
We organised our party after Derek declared on here he was no longer interested in doing so, he and Karen were asked if they would like to join us at Mimosa but turned it down for their own reasons.

Andy

Offline karenChris

Anna's Bar
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 15:14:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

We organised our party after Derek declared on here he was no longer interested in doing so, he and Karen were asked if they would like to join us at Mimosa but turned it down for their own reasons.

Andy

I believe that somewhere in this or another thread on this forum that Derek explained that the do had already been organised for the 23rd at Anna Bar and that he was not in a position nor did he wish to change to another venue.

One has to admit that Anna Bar has got to be the place for disco,s in the area, the ambience, decor, disco lighting etc lends itself perfectly for disco,s and that is the reason Rusty,s Road Show and through Karens organisational skills will continue to be held there

Please browse through my previous post on the subject as I am sure that will clarify the issue.

Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf